Considering lifting and eliminating Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STUPIDDR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm considering lifting my 2007 LTZ Suburban with Autoride(unfortunately).

I would like someone who is familiar with lifting these to confirm my research is correct.

I've already disabled the Autoride because the compressor runs for several minutes every time I turn it on but have a very squish rear suspension now.

I'm considering the following:

Lift:
Rough Country 3.5" Lift

Shocks/Springs:
2 x Bilstein 24-186940 Shock Absorber (Front)
2 x Bilstein 24-187237 Rear Shock
1 x Moog 81069 Coil Spring Set

Wheels/Tires:
4 x XD Series by KMC Wheels XD798 Addict Matte Black Wheel (18x9"/6x139.7mm, +18mm offset)
4 x Nitto Ridge Grapplers 33x12.50R18

OR (the same but 20" rims)

4 x XD Series by KMC Wheels XD798 Addict Matte Black Wheel (20x9"/6x139.7mm, +18mm offset)
4 x Nitto Ridge Grapplers 33x12.50R18

Extra Parts:
4 x Moog K160072 Coil Spring Insulatorhttps://www.amazon.com/Moog-K160072-Coil-Spring-Insulator/dp/B002M6C0SA

I was considering some Fender Flares like these:
But they indicate they dont fit LTZ models? Any idea why that may be?

Is this going to fit correctly?
Will it have a decent ride on/off road?
Any idea how much trimming will be needed?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Not a bad list of parts. It will ride good and be decent for off-road with that lift. Definitely run 5100 shocks with the kit. The coils will make the rear feel a lot better. I would do 20s or bigger. There will be no rubbing with that offset. Flares don't fit your model cause rear bumper is cut different at body quarter panel line. If me I would go a little more negative on offset like -12 and no flares.

OP
OP
S

STUPIDDR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not a bad list of parts. It will ride good and be decent for off-road with that lift. Definitely run 5100 shocks with the kit. The coils will make the rear feel a lot better. I would do 20s or bigger. There will be no rubbing with that offset. Flares don't fit your model cause rear bumper is cut different at body quarter panel line. If me I would go a little more negative on offset like -12 and no flares.

That makes sense with the flares, thanks.

I'm curious on the negative offset.
Is this purely for a more aggressive stance to have the wheels stick out a little more from the body?
Seems like there might be some rubbing/trimming needed with about a inch difference from a +18mm offset

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
That makes sense with the flares, thanks.

I'm curious on the negative offset.
Is this purely for a more aggressive stance to have the wheels stick out a little more from the body?
Seems like there might be some rubbing/trimming needed with about a inch difference from a +18mm offset

Yeah its just a look thing with lifts. Personally I like the big and wide look over tall and skinny. Not saying the +18 would look bad but think the 0 would give a little width to go with the height. Yes the wider does cause more trimming but its not much just a bumper brace with L bracket and your good.

OP
OP
S

STUPIDDR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah its just a look thing with lifts. Personally I like the big and wide look over tall and skinny. Not saying the +18 would look bad but think the 0 would give a little width to go with the height. Yes the wider does cause more trimming but its not much just a bumper brace with L bracket and your good.

After looking at pictures I think I'm going to go with the -12mm offset you initially suggested I like that look. I'll update with pics.

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at pictures I think I'm going to go with the -12mm offset you initially suggested I like that look. I'll update with pics.

Hey Stupiddr Wondering if you have any updated pics to share?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep