Considering buying used 2013/2014 or 2015 Yukon or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DB23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, first time poster. Never owned a big SUV or bought a used car. I'm leaning towards used Yukon over Tahoe. I know there's a major overhaul on the looks between 2013/2014 and the 2015+ models. A few questions:

1) how many miles can these go?
2) what's a good max miles to search for (a car with 40K miles? 60K?)
3) any features worth going for? def need the AWD/4WD feature for the winter.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

SethSwitch

Reaction score
They are relatively reliable vehicles. Look for a cracked dash, peeling door handles, and other common issues listed throughout the forum. Milage wise it depends what you are comfortable with.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all about checking common issues and dealing with them with adjustments on price of truck or walking away.

Common issues:
Cracked dash
Motor mounts
Peeling door handles

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) That depends on a lot of things, but mostly on the driving style and the maintenance the truck receives and, almost more importantly, on the service/care it has received and will receive in the future from you.
2) Depends on what you feel comfortable with and what the truck looks/feels like and what kind of maintenance records, if any, it has.
3) Features? What do you want? Other than the 4WD/AWD. Since you are looking for a used truck, you get what you can find within your budget. LTZs and Denalis are top of the line what comes to features, so those would be a pretty good choice feature wise.

Also, if you are not familiar with these things, search and read about Active Fuel Management so you know you are aware of it and the potential downfalls of it.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not rule out going with a few years earlier. I just bought a 12 with 55k miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442