Considering a Tahoe hybrid and want feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenfreek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello, i happen to be and unlucky owner of hybrid yukon 08, it has started to burn about a qrt of oil every 1000 miles or so, i read you need to disable afm/dod but you need a tuner like blackbear to do so and they dont provide support for hybrids!!! any input will be greatly appreciated (since GM is NO HELP! and want to ding me $7000 for new engine!)

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the hybrids were meant to burn 85 octane or something. Never seen 85 either. Obviously a big misconception

TallTex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome vehicle 6.0 motor plenty strong just keep in mind hybrid battery cost if needed replaced during ownership.
Yes, lots of firms out there can recondition a hybrid battery, shops popping up everywhere with the software and tools to diagnose individual cells and replace any that are not able to hold a charge. In addition some shops have ability to "step" old cells up and down, so they can be reconditioned back to a very close capacity of when new. This info is all over web and youtube.

I do not fear hybrid technology it's the way of the future. GM just could not compete with everyone else (Toyota) in this space.

What I fear is GM's inherent issues with 2009 Tahoe Hybrid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne