Considering a Tahoe hybrid and want feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ECUpirates

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looking at a 2008 Tahoe hybrid with low mileage. The price tag is really good, but I know nothing about the hybrids. Can someone give me some "feedback for dummies"? Maybe some pros and cons?

Thanks!

extremetint

Reaction score
Awesome vehicle 6.0 motor plenty strong just keep in mind hybrid battery cost if needed replaced during ownership.

Adrian Holmgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it not possible to get them somehow fixed, reshapet, can't find the word I am looking for..

Ecupirates I am on the same path, have a 2009 I am interested in.. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger or wait for a 2015 model, to go down in price and then buy one, or even if there are any to be sold in small Sweden, that's why I don't know should I by it now or maybe never get another chance
Regards

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no freakin way no how i would never buy a hybrid tahoe they cost alot more then a gas and the fuel economy you get for that extra cost is a freakin joke
hybrid tahoe is an oxymoron its like saying efficient gas guzzler
20 to 23 mpg and a 10k price difference over the gas version wich is 15 to 21 mpg
the last year the hybrid was made gm only sold 500 tahoes and 1200 yukons compared to the 70000 gas tahoes and 40000 gas yukons

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your argument may make sense, but in my case I bought it because I got decent tax credits, liked the technology independent of the gas mileage increase, and thought it was a decent hedge against increasing gas prices.

But just like me being wrong about a hedge years later, your 10k number is invalid because that's for new vehicles which basically no longer exist.

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it not possible to get them somehow fixed, reshapet, can't find the word I am looking for..

Ecupirates I am on the same path, have a 2009 I am interested in.. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger or wait for a 2015 model, to go down in price and then buy one, or even if there are any to be sold in small Sweden, that's why I don't know should I by it now or maybe never get another chance

They weren't made after 2013...I don't think there are re-manufactured (maybe the word you are looking for) batteries available, and it is a gamble, especially used. But they have proven to be very reliable.

Adrian Holmgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Matt Turley sry i saw it now, I wasn't clear enough but I was talking about a regular Tahoe with the ecotec engine, they do almost have the same mpg rating, correct me if I'm wrong,

The word I was looking for was refurbished batteries, I think I read about a company that did repair old batteries and restoring them to as much as 95% of the battery life,

Regards
Adrian

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Matt Turley sry i saw it now, I wasn't clear enough but I was talking about a regular Tahoe with the ecotec engine, they do almost have the same mpg rating, correct me if I'm wrong,

I do not know anything about ecotec compared to Hybrid, sorry.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Ecotec3 - Basically a 2014 Direct Injection motor. Wasnt available in NNBS (07-13)

sprinter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My experience has been excellent with the Hybrid model. Like any vehicle, look for a good service history and honest owner. But when well cared for, they will provide years of trouble free service. Plus, there is nothing like the silent coasting when in shut-off mode. If you are not familiar with the hybrid technology, it does take a bit of time to understand what is happening. But if you find a good, clean hybrid at a reasonable cost, I would definitely go for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman