Confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troyr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2004 Yukon Denali,. Can I put standard gas rear shocks in place of the air ride? Garage said no they were different mounts but I've read here that I could

OP
OP
T

Troyr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So regular $100 gas shocks won't mount? The compressor and shocks are shot so it doesn't seem worth the money to me. I don't tow anything

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounts between the Autoride and non-Autoride are the same. So, if you get shocks for a non-Autoride Yukon, they should bolt right in. But, you usually get what you pay for with shocks so a $50 shock (assuming you meant $100 for both sides) may not be ride so well or may not last very long. I've never shopped around for alternative shocks, though.

OP
OP
T

Troyr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I'm going with the bilstein 4600's

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my autojunk with 5100`s. Some people say you should also replace the springs with Z71 springs. A few guys on here don`t believe me when i say its absolutely fine to run them with regular shocks. I finally remembered to take a picture of my yukon with 800 pounds in the back to prove that they`re up to the task. 20171122_133506.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I replaced my autojunk with 5100`s. Some people say you should also replace the springs with Z71 springs. A few guys on here don`t believe me when i say its absolutely fine to run them with regular shocks. I finally remembered to take a picture of my yukon with 800 pounds in the back to prove that they`re up to the task. View attachment 188524

Just because you park over by the trailers doesn't mean we don't all know you were over there getting your nails did. Lol.