Compass and thermometer in mirror not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rfranklin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 03 Yukon SLT and the compass and the thermometer in the mirror doesn't work. The auto dim works great so I know that the mirror is getting power. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine...

I know that the instrument clusters are prone to display failure issues (I had mine repaired) and wondered if the mirror has the same issue. I'll probably pull one at the junkyard and find out, but I have not yet seen anyone do a DIY on disassembling the mirror and fixing the issue.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think there are a couple youtube vids. from what i remember some connections typically just need to be re-soldered

MikeW

Reaction score
I had same issue last year. Ended up going to a bone yard and getting one for $10. Plug and play..... much easier.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oddly enough, after responding and giving the input i had read. Mine decided to take a crap and quit working. the entire LED readout portion is dead. I think Ill swap it out if i can find one cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal