Collision System Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Wonder if these systems even worth it. IT DIDNT EVEN DEPLOY and I have all these costs. LOL.

This is why it's not terribly difficult to total a vehicle these days unless it is only a year or two old.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks so much. You are a fountain of information .i was able to use my knock off tech 2 successfully on a 2011 Tahoe and 2007 Corvette. No I didn’t go thru insurance cause I was afraid of fraud. It was 3600. For the repair. The body guy wanted s to take it to Chevy dealer and say it is defective and not admit it was an accident. I told him not to of course but now having second thoughts lol. I didn’t want to get caught in a lie because I have such a great relationship with them

Take it to the dealer and say the body work was done a year ago if they say anything. I would say it started not to work a few days ago.
The dealer doesn't care because they get paid from GM anyway. If you have a good relationship than they should take care of you.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not understanding the difficulty here. If you chose not to go through insurance than you pay for it yourself. Go to the dealer and tell them you need the collision system fixed, and pay the bill when you leave.

FWIW had the same thing happen on an Infinity I worked on and want to say it was around $1000 OTD to recalibrate.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the collision black box must be reset, I think these guys can do that,
that's not the problem and neither is the 2nd post you made.
there are sensors that act like camera's there actually a form of radar and a collision or glass replacement will knock them out of alignment, a computer is then used so they can be re-aligned correctly. you can't make them start working again by doing anything other than having them aligned.
if there was a airbag deployed then the srs module and airbag would need to be replaced, some places online can reset the modules but it's illegal to do it (against federal law)
the dealer won't do it they will only sell you a new module, the work around for that is to buy a used module that was not involved in a accident and it can be re-learned to the new vin. again that is only needed if a airbag was deployed.

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some places online can reset the modules but it's illegal to do it (against federal law)

And for good reason. Those places are hacks. I really can’t believe how people are willing to risk their lives in an accident over saving a few bucks. Those “resets” aren’t even that much cheaper.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for good reason. Those places are hacks. I really can’t believe how people are willing to risk their lives in an accident over saving a few bucks. Those “resets” aren’t even that much cheaper.
it's just software, the only reason it is illegal is because if you were the cause of a deadly accident it is evidence and with so many accidents happening everyday they just make it a blanket policy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts