Cold air on Driver side, Hot air on pax side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S92 helo-pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im leaning towards the issue being a air blend door actuator but wanted to ask here to make sure. It’s a 2011 Tahoe LT with 163,000’ish miles on it. The air seems to be blowing the temperature that’s requested on the driver side but on the pax side it just blows really hot air no matter where the temperature is selected. I haven’t tried selecting different selections (defrost, recirc or feet or face vents).
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Craigger

Tractoman

Reaction score
Im leaning towards the issue being a air blend door actuator but wanted to ask here to make sure. It’s a 2011 Tahoe LT with 163,000’ish miles on it. The air seems to be blowing the temperature that’s requested on the driver side but on the pax side it just blows really hot air no matter where the temperature is selected. I haven’t tried selecting different selections (defrost, recirc or feet or face vents).
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Craigger
Assuming you don't have dual control on and the temps are set differently?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a blend door, either that or the controller has gone screwy, but I haven't read about any of these controllers going bad just the standard wear issue on the buttons

OP
OP
S92 helo-pilot

S92 helo-pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Assuming you don't have dual control on and the temps are set differently?

I did check to ensure that both settings were very very cold. The pax side was still blowing out very hot air.

I selected defrost and then back to regular a/c and it’s working as advertised now. Do y’all still think it’s the blend door?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd