Coilover question on 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPaw

Reaction score
Folks!!!

I'm looking to lift my 09 tahoe lt z71 4wd 6" but want to get as close to, or better than, the stock ride comfort.

I've read that coilover are the way to go, but wanted to get your input on which ones are best to achieve the comfort/smooth ride.

Heard bilsteins 5100, fox, and icons were the major contenders.

Anyone have experience with how close they are to riding factory after 6" of lift and foe which setup is ideal?

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paw

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
Been eyeing this and want to know if anyone has it on their rig and what the thoughts on it are. 785850f32a490f27943e00dc6809bbf2.jpg

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
I guess nothing on large lifts on this forum huh...

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comfort and smooth ride like you are describing are not really what you'll get with stock spec coilovers of any brand. King, FOX, Icon, etc can all be adjusted to get you a softer ride. I have OEM Kings and the ride is better than stock to me but it is also firmer and more controlled. Contact a good off-road shop and they'll get you what you need (filthymotorsports).

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Not much for big lifts on here but yes coilover are the best. I got a 7” on mine. That kit is good but I prefer the bulletproof 6-8” with king coilover and pro comp rear drop brackets for a big lift. Also bds has a good kit with Fox coilover