Coil Over Conversion Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo have more problems than they are worth on a street vehicle imo. I like blowers for Dr's. Gears would also help a lot for you. 4.10s would be a huge seat of the pants increase.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turbo have more problems than they are worth on a street vehicle imo. I like blowers for Dr's. Gears would also help a lot for you. 4.10s would be a huge seat of the pants increase.

Yeah i see my friend go through all the troubles. Been looking at the SC you recommended me.

But for now, im thinking i have to do something with the gears to actually enjoy driving it.

You think 4.10's or 3.73. I drive all over, freeway & in town.

I'll pm you.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turbo for this guy, superchargers are retarded money for these trucks. But i wouldn't mind do a pro charger but thats a small house loan lol

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow 3.23's... Yeah I bet you feel slow lol. But if you keep your foot out of it I would assume good gas mileage. Mine has 3.73's and I'm pretty happy with it.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turbo for this guy, superchargers are retarded money for these trucks. But i wouldn't mind do a pro charger but thats a small house loan lol

I would like turbo, but for daily, i dont see it. A procharger would be ideal, but your right, small house loan. House vs Faster ? Faster.. lol

Wow 3.23's... Yeah I bet you feel slow lol. But if you keep your foot out of it I would assume good gas mileage. Mine has 3.73's and I'm pretty happy with it.

Feel slow ??? Uh no, it is SLOW. ha ha. Im sure if i drove normal it would get 19 or so in town. Right now i get around 16 - 17 in town and about 25 freeway, something like that.

Thinking 3.73 for all around, but 4.10s seem to be common.

(reason of thread... lol... Didnt get a chance to work on tahoe today. Had to work on other things first.)

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody likes updates so...

Changed shock settings from 10 to 15. Sure firmed it all up and is a little rough, but honestly not as bad as I thought it would be.

and drove a 14 sierra denali and want one. lol

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since an update -

Not much to relay, except think one of my shocks is bad (has been bad) - have to contact qa1.

But this weekend went to adjust the ride height in front and swap out to stud mount, but couldnt find the right tool and somehow lost my spanner wrench. (any one have a spare) So, gave up and repainted calipers and cleaned it up a little in there.

Rides is still nicer than w/ tbars, just trying to dial in the front is a little tricky.

Here's a pic after about 4 months. Still looking good. (yes no stop yet, i know)
2014-07-0520210744_zpsbbno0zat.gif

Also, this pic is on jacks. No load on front.

Honestly - Thinking of going lifting my Tahoe to a 6" lift.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are you planning on keeping coilovers with a 6" lift? How are you planning on making that work?

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Install those damn bumpstops! :lol:

I know... Slacking and everytime i seem to get someone to do it for me, they dont have the drill bit. ( i have nothing to drill it)

So are you planning on keeping coilovers with a 6" lift? How are you planning on making that work?

If possible yes, I see lots of guys with coil overs lifted on tahoes. if my memory is right, i saw a company made almost identical brackets as atomics for a lifted tahoe w/ coil overs. I honestly dont see why it would be any different than it is now, just higher.

But i could be wrong, I have only started to look into lifting. ( just a phase, as im tired of the look) probably keep it low

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st