Cluster Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Got into the Hoe tonight and the cluster gauges aren't working at all. Came from an 04 Escalade and I had it rebuilt with an led conversion. Worked fine yesterday. There's a fuse under the hood that's specifically is for the cluster. Anyone have any ideas? I still have the stock cluster I could swap out, just to see if it's the cluster itself. Tia.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being able to test with a known good cluster is nice.
Once you pull the dash bezel and the 4 cluster screws, turn the ignition on and see if you can get the cluster to come to life by wiggling it and playing with the harness/connector. The terminals in the harness side are pretty good at becoming loose and causing a crappy connection.
If you don’t get anything with that then plug up the known good cluster and see what happens and we’ll go from there.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thankfully I have my old, good cluster. Weird thing is the cluster lights and blinkers work. Ideas think if the connection is bad they wouldn't light up. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but now the driver side vanity mirror light, which has an led bulb in it, stopped working too. Is there a common fuse involved? The passenger side still works.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I have never experienced this issue, I have heard about this and apparently it's fairly common and it's caused by a ground issue. You have a bad ground somewhere. Most people have said that there's a ground on the driver's side frame in the area under the driver's door. There's also a cluster of ground wires on the frame on the front driver's side frame rail in front of the radiator. Start by checking all those Ground wires and if you see ANY rust or corrosion, clean it and put it back together.
A bad ground will cause all sorts of headaches, like the cluster going dead or going haywire, door locks and windows and mirrors all acting up, and even the radio. Being that your cluster is dead, plus the mirror is acting up, I would check all the ground wires.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cluster illumination runs on it own seperate power and ground. So yes they can stay on if the rest of the cluster loses power. That way the brightness of the lights can be adjusted via the dimmer.
A11 & A12 are the power and ground for the illumination.

55116889-0F16-4C42-9EE8-91DC5E1F36F7.jpeg

The IPC fuse is in the Underwood fuse block. Check to make sure the fuse is intact and has power on both sides. It’s hot at all times.

B11 & B12 are the cluster power and ground.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I checked the ipc fuse last night, and visually it was good. I didn't check the other fuse. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the cluster and vanity light being tie together, in my opinion, it’s highly unlikely that would be the case and nothing else was effected. Solely on the fact that there’s other lights and such on that circuit that would also be giving you issues. The switch in the sunvisor for your vanity light seems more likely at fault but again that’s just my opinion.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klis