Clicking/Ticking noise coming from the steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TL24

Reaction score
There's this "ticking/clicking" noise coming from the steering wheel and I can't seem to figure wtf it is! It's annoying the hell out of me and I want to get it fixed ASAP so here's a video of the sound I'm hearing internally, I'm hoping you all can give me some insight! Again, thanks ahead of time y'all! :Handshake:

This is for my 2004 Yukon Denali

http://youtu.be/hjHlXUnh-f0?hd=1

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
I can't see the vid right now cuz I'm at work... but your description sounds exactly like what's going on in my 01 Tahoe... So i'm subscribing to this thread to see if anyone knows how to fix it.

OP
OP
T

TL24

Reaction score
I feel your pain bro lol... Hopefully someone can solve this issue for us with some hands on experience.

Shawn74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yep my 05 has this same tick. My ticks once when I turn all the way left and once when I turn all the way right. I can't find it either. Hopefully someone will know the issue.

rhukill

Reaction score
I think this is probably the fix you're looking for. Just happened to have stumbled across it a week or so ago and bookmarked it for a near-future fix.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

I think this is probably the fix you're looking for. Just happened to have stumbled across it a week or so ago and bookmarked it for a near-future fix.

Hmmm, maybe not. I was thinking of the thunk noise my column makes, but the sound in your vid seems different.

Rigidtool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same ticking noise

I am having the same issue on my 2003 Tahoe LT. Mine is intermittent though. It will tick for a month straight anytime i am driving and sometimes it wont be present for several months. Its annoying as hell.

Let us know if you found the culprit.

OP
OP
T

TL24

Reaction score
Here's an updated video of the issue, I still haven't found a ******** solution to this issue yet... I can't believe someone hasn't come across this and fixed it yet on their Yukon/Tahoe smh... It's driving me crazy!:

http://youtu.be/x9E7Ns1zU_c

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kkkkpppp