Clicking sound from blower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
my point was if you look at your existing part connections (on the back) it will either have 1 connector or it will have 2 connectors, then order what you need accordingly. I think I did the same thing on 2003 Silverado years ago I couldn't figure out which one it used so I pulled it out and looked at it and then ordered the same one.

Ok well the first one I had linked is the one that matches I guess I will just orfer another one today. thx

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree thats why I bought an AC Delco. I hooked it straight to 12v and the new fan works perfectly. I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities that the new resistor that I put in is faulty and yes I do know how resistor works but I'm just saying I never had this pulsing ticking motor vibrating until I put in the new style resistor. Thats why I am asking if anyone has a part # because there are at least 2 styles listed as working for this vehicle.

Justin, we're in the middle of doing three oil changes but I can offer this advice: head on over to GMPartsDirect and put in your VIN to see what parts were made for your truck. I'll come back and try to help later on today.

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
Justin, we're in the middle of doing three oil changes but I can offer this advice: head on over to GMPartsDirect and put in your VIN to see what parts were made for your truck. I'll come back and try to help later on today.[/QU
I will

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
Thanks swath thats the resorce I needed. I came up with GM part # 22807123. I think the one I ordered off eBay is faulty. There is an updated design as the original 3 wire style is known to have problems . Thats why I am looking at one with a different connector. I found this one on Amazon that should work.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078J3B4S8

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks swath thats the resorce I needed. I came up with GM part # 22807123. I think the one I ordered off eBay is faulty. There is an updated design as the original 3 wire style is known to have problems . Thats why I am looking at one with a different connector. I found this one on Amazon that should work.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078J3B4S8
I think what happens is the connector sometimes melts along with the resistor so the updated one comes with a fresh connector

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd