Clicking sound from blower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
my ex wifes suburban does that, hers has the slider controls, I found that if I adjust the passenger side control just a pinch up from max it doesn't do it, so I told her just use it like that, no problem. lol I think it's a door actuator that just doesn't like to be at max
I can pull the blower motor and it dose it in my hand. Never had the problem untill I replaced the resister. I am going to try a different part number and see if it fixes the problem.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can pull the blower motor and it dose it in my hand. Never had the problem untill I replaced the resister. I am going to try a different part number and see if it fixes the problem.
sounds like you just bought a bad blower motor, I would just exchange it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would agree if the original blower motor wasn't doing the exact same thing
the motor shouldn't be clicking, I don't think anything would make it click, but you could just hook it straight to the battery and test that theory, it's just a 12v fan any 12v dc power source will run it.

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
New things break Justin. Stick with GM OE or AC Delco Professional.
I agree thats why I bought an AC Delco. I hooked it straight to 12v and the new fan works perfectly. I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities that the new resistor that I put in is faulty and yes I do know how resistor works but I'm just saying I never had this pulsing ticking motor vibrating until I put in the new style resistor. Thats why I am asking if anyone has a part # because there are at least 2 styles listed as working for this vehicle.

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
This is the part I put in that is suspect here . And this is another one I listed as possible here . The problem is I threw out my original thinking this was going to be an easy swap.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the parts you have linked are different, one has 1 connector on the back, the other has 2 connectors on the back, pretty easy to figure out

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
the parts you have linked are different, one has 1 connector on the back, the other has 2 connectors on the back, pretty easy to figure out
Okay I realize that they're different parts that's why I'm asking for help because they're both listed as working for my Denali. But thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I realize that they're different parts that's why I'm asking for help because they're both listed as working for my Denali. But thanks
my point was if you look at your existing part connections (on the back) it will either have 1 connector or it will have 2 connectors, then order what you need accordingly. I think I did the same thing on 2003 Silverado years ago I couldn't figure out which one it used so I pulled it out and looked at it and then ordered the same one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9