Cleaning Leather Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to steam clean their own seats? I'm thinking about buying a handheld cleaner for my seats. I've had my Tahoe about about a year now and I clean the seats a lot but I can see the dirt in the leather. Anyone help?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I steamed mine when we brought back bed bugs from a hotel in myrtle beach. Do not do it. It dries them out bad. There are plenty of good cleaners out there. Lately I been using the dye transfer remover kit from Adams. It comes with a good cleaner sealer and dye remover.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out from The Seat Shop that Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner works like magic. It even takes the shininess off. I used that on my older seat parts and they now match the new replacement parts. Just scrub using a brush in small areas and wipe off with a rag while still wet. This is for leather only.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out from The Seat Shop that Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner works like magic. It even takes the shininess off. I used that on my older seat parts and they now match the new replacement parts. Just scrub using a brush in small areas and wipe off with a rag while still wet. This is for leather only.
Learned the same trick from the same place. Did exactly what they and Red Rocket said on my 04 drivers seat. I wouldn't do it often but made a huge difference. Who would have thought.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take a bottle of liquid spray cleaner/conditioner and pour a small amount into a cup, then heat up until boiling in the microwave. Then I pour it directly onto the leather and brush it around. Let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes, brush it around again, then wipe clean.

Larry

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anything sticky i use this citrus smelling liquid i "borrowed" from my work. Looks like googone just smells alot stronger and the plant ordered it. Anyway i also have 2 bottles of luxol, 1 cleaner and 1 conditioner i use immediately afterwards.