Cleaning/ Detailing Products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking the correct steps to correct and protect the paint once or twice per year does wonders, making daily/weekly care a relative breeze.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
I just bought and received my order of McKees37 Si02 Auto Wash and Hydro Blue.

Never use the Auto wash before, but have used the Hydro Blue.

I will be using the Sio2 wash and applying the hydro blue this weekend, if I can get some time, and if the storm stays away.

I have been reading on other forums about the auto wash and it's supposed to be the new thing!

Here in south east Texas, it's virtually impossible to wash a car and not get water spots, especially my larger vehicles, the Yukon XL and our Escalade ESV.

If The Si02 was works as it's supposed to, it will be a game changer for me for washing my cars.

Hope to have a review soon

stevot22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought and received my order of McKees37 Si02 Auto Wash and Hydro Blue.

Never use the Auto wash before, but have used the Hydro Blue.

I will be using the Sio2 wash and applying the hydro blue this weekend, if I can get some time, and if the storm stays away.

I have been reading on other forums about the auto wash and it's supposed to be the new thing!

Here in south east Texas, it's virtually impossible to wash a car and not get water spots, especially my larger vehicles, the Yukon XL and our Escalade ESV.

If The Si02 was works as it's supposed to, it will be a game changer for me for washing my cars.

Hope to have a review soon

Have you ever tried using a detailer when drying off the trucks? We have crappy water here, so I have to soften it and sometimes I get spots if I can't chamois it off right away. A light mist of detailer works great in these instances.

Hope your new products work for you!

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Have you ever tried using a detailer when drying off the trucks? We have crappy water here, so I have to soften it and sometimes I get spots if I can't chamois it off right away. A light mist of detailer works great in these instances.

Hope your new products work for you!

My issue, being in South Texas is when washing cars outside, it's impossible to be able to wash a complete large vehicle like my Yukon XL or Escalade ESV in the day time, and not get water spots. It just dries to fast. I had been either washing really early in the morning or late at night or having to do a rinseless wash in my shop.

We have a whole house water softener and so our water is pretty soft, but I still cannot get a complete car washed and not have water spots during the day.

I had been using Duragloss 902 for my soap, great foamy economical soap, but it tends to water spot quick! That's why I think the Si02 auto wash might help me. Supposed to not get water spots....

Yes I have used a drying aid, and to date the best I can find that works and works very well is: AmmoNYC Hydrate.

It just plain works. https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-hydrate/

But it is expensive.... I just placed an order and have 4 bottles on the way as I type this. I use this on my personal cars. If I was doing this on a production detailing job it would not be cost effective.

I also have and tried to use Meguiars D156 as a drying aid and it does work somewhat, but not as well as the Hydrate. It is a spray wax and can be applied wet or dry. I experienced some streaking and it can dry pretty quick in direct sun.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-D15...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B005JPJMI2

There is a McKees37 product I just bought called Fast Wax. It was recommended for me to try. I have not used it yet as a drying aid, but the recommendations I have received was enough for me to buy it to try. I did use it on some door jams to see what kind of finish I could get with it (just to evaluate the product) and I was pretty happy with it. Spray on, let it flash and wipe off.

SO we will see how the Fast wax goes, if it does work, it'll be a cheaper alternative to the hydrate.

stevot22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My issue, being in South Texas is when washing cars outside, it's impossible to be able to wash a complete large vehicle like my Yukon XL or Escalade ESV in the day time, and not get water spots. It just dries to fast. I had been either washing really early in the morning or late at night or having to do a rinseless wash in my shop.

We have a whole house water softener and so our water is pretty soft, but I still cannot get a complete car washed and not have water spots during the day.

I had been using Duragloss 902 for my soap, great foamy economical soap, but it tends to water spot quick! That's why I think the Si02 auto wash might help me. Supposed to not get water spots....

Yes I have used a drying aid, and to date the best I can find that works and works very well is: AmmoNYC Hydrate.

It just plain works. https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-hydrate/

But it is expensive.... I just placed an order and have 4 bottles on the way as I type this. I use this on my personal cars. If I was doing this on a production detailing job it would not be cost effective.

I also have and tried to use Meguiars D156 as a drying aid and it does work somewhat, but not as well as the Hydrate. It is a spray wax and can be applied wet or dry. I experienced some streaking and it can dry pretty quick in direct sun.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-D15...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B005JPJMI2

There is a McKees37 product I just bought called Fast Wax. It was recommended for me to try. I have not used it yet as a drying aid, but the recommendations I have received was enough for me to buy it to try. I did use it on some door jams to see what kind of finish I could get with it (just to evaluate the product) and I was pretty happy with it. Spray on, let it flash and wipe off.

SO we will see how the Fast wax goes, if it does work, it'll be a cheaper alternative to the hydrate.

Thank you for the reply. Sounds like you've got it covered a couple of different ways. Good luck with the Fast Wax. I too like the detailers that have a bit of wax in them to renew the gloss.

Hope that you and yours are well out of Harvey's path. We are praying for you all.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Sounds like you've got it covered a couple of different ways. Good luck with the Fast Wax. I too like the detailers that have a bit of wax in them to renew the gloss.

Hope that you and yours are well out of Harvey's path. We are praying for you all.

I will report back on the Fast wax when I get a chance to use it.

Thanks Steven. I'm Southwest just outside of Houston, we will get lots of rain, I think we will be ok, I hope. We aren't leaving and will ride it out this weekend and the next few days.

The people around here are kind of panicing. The line for gas is crazy. and it's hard to buy water in the grocery stores and big clubs like sams and costco. People are hoarding it. (and the storm hasn't even hit yet)

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of guys like Lucas Slick Mist too.

Has anyone here ever used the Lucas Slick Mist quick detailer? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Adam's Detail spray that I have been using the last few years. It works great! Smells great too, but it is just not very cost effective at all. I've been looking around at local stores and I have seen the Lucas quick detailer, some stuff at Walmart called "West coast Customs" Quick detailer, and the Megiuar's and Mother's offerings. The Lucas and West Coast Customs detail sprays are both under $8, so that's almost half the cost of Adam's Detail spray, plus I don't have to pay for shipping. But if it doesn't perform nearly as well, then the savings are not worth it. I will gladly pay more money for a GREAT product, instead of using ****** products just because they are cheaper. But if I can find a "GOOD" product at a reasonable price, then that would be a happy medium for me. For instance, Adam's carpet cleaner is the best I have ever used. But I can get Folex locally for about half the cost and it work basically just as good. I have had very few stains that the Folex didn't work on, and I had to grab the Adam's to finish getting the stain out.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used the Lucas Slick Mist quick detailer? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Adam's Detail spray that I have been using the last few years. It works great! Smells great too, but it is just not very cost effective at all. I've been looking around at local stores and I have seen the Lucas quick detailer, some stuff at Walmart called "West coast Customs" Quick detailer, and the Megiuar's and Mother's offerings. The Lucas and West Coast Customs detail sprays are both under $8, so that's almost half the cost of Adam's Detail spray, plus I don't have to pay for shipping. But if it doesn't perform nearly as well, then the savings are not worth it. I will gladly pay more money for a GREAT product, instead of using ****** products just because they are cheaper. But if I can find a "GOOD" product at a reasonable price, then that would be a happy medium for me. For instance, Adam's carpet cleaner is the best I have ever used. But I can get Folex locally for about half the cost and it work basically just as good. I have had very few stains that the Folex didn't work on, and I had to grab the Adam's to finish getting the stain out.

I've use Meguiars D155 Last touch detailer for years. I used that instead of the Megs Ultimate detailer. I think it works well and have never had an issue with it.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-last-touch-spray.html

at $20 a gallon or less with a coupon code, I like it.

Although, I have been using the McKees37 detailer alot lately and I like it.

Ive used meguiars, griots, mckees37, kenotek, chemical guys, dodo, blackfire quick detailers....

From my experience, all of the quick detailers seem to all work pretty well depending on application. It's more personal preference and technique. Obviously if the paint is already trashed or hasn't been maintained, it will still look like trash when used.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop