cleaning a sticker off leather??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm #1 not sure if my 97 tahoe has actual leather or some reasonable facsimile of leather. Anyway the interior is pretty solid just needs a good cleaning which is coming along great so far. However right in the middle of the back seat at some point before I got it had a decent sized sticker placed there and someone attempted to peel it off. Needless to say it didn't quite come off and now it's my problem. Can anyone suggest a cleaner that will remove it without further dmg to the seat.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
warm it up with a hair dryer and try to scrape as much paper and adhesive off as you can. Use something that wont scratch the leather and try not to get it too hot. Then buy some ace hardware general purpose adhesive remover. This should take the adhesive off without messing up the leather finish but start small and see how it does. If a test spot does ok then go larger. Try not to scrub or stay in one spot for too long. Constant scrubbing can remove color. Let the adhesive remover do most of the work. Also dont slop it on, just enough to wet a rag should be good.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used goo gone on a lot of surfaces just never anything cloth/leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne