Chevy Dealership for scheduled maintenance...on modified Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. If it has to go in for warranty. Let them do it. Basic maintenance, DIY. You will do a better job and knowing it was done right for piece of mind. Not only is it a lot cheaper, it saves time. You can start an oil change on a weekend day, drain the crankcase completely watching car programs or mowing the lawn. In my opinion it is better than sitting at the dealer watching soap operas then driving home and having oil on your garage floor from the lot jockey who was promoted to oil changes that day. Also, if you plan on keeping or selling your truck down the road, any gear head knows that dealership maintained vs self maintained shouldn't matter. Keep the receipts, logs and video of you doing the service yourself can't hurt. Every vehicle I get rid of gets top dollar on trade or private sale. Don't be afraid to DIY....!!!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing the tune when you take it to the dealer is a waste of time. If you ever have an engine or driveline failure that you try to get warranty on, GM will review the programming history and detect that the cal has been installed and removed multiple times. you cannot hide it. At that point the brand quality manager will decide if the ccal will void your warranty. 

Not a waste of time, if they were to flash the ECU for any warranty work, I would then have to contact Diablo to get my tuner reset so that I could reinstall the tune once again which I'm sure will take more time than it does to reset and reinstall. Sure, if there is a catastrophic failure and I can't do that, then so be it. It's the way it goes when you decide to tune it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401