Chevrolet Fixed my Condenser for Free under "Customer Service Satisfaction Campaign 17336-01"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago, I noticed my A/C was blowing hot. Upon checking my warranty I found out that the bumper to bumper warranty was expired on my 2015 Suburban with 50kmiles.
I took it around the corner to an independent shop and they charged the system and put a dye.
A week later as expected, A/C blows hot again, back in the shop to look where it is coming from.

Now to the AWESOME PART:

As I was waiting for the inspection results from that shop, I searched this forum and GM TRUCKS forum and came upon this letter ~see picture attached~
I then called Chevrolet Customer service and after 10 minutes of checking my warranty and telling me I was out of coverage for this, I mentioned the campaign. The agent put me on hold then told me about the above campaign number. She called the nearby Chevy dealership and made an appointment.
I then told the independent shop to STOP, they returned the truck back to me.

The Fix:

Went to Chevy, got a loaner Silverado, and 2 days later. Suburban fixed, cost 0$
A/C blowing icy cold.

Thank you to RDR854 who posted the following details in another thread AC Condenser FYI:

"It is Customer Service Satisfaction Campaign 17336-01 entitled Special Coverage - Combi Cooler Air Conditioner Refrigerant Leak. It is applicable to 2015-2017 Chevrolet Suburbans and Tahoe’s, GMC Yukons and Yukon XLs and Cadillac Escalades and Escalade ESVs.

It looks like letters are being issued this month and it will extend the warranty period for the particular failure type (crack at the coupler) to 5 years/60,000 miles for Chevrolet and GMC and 6 years/72,000 miles For Cadillac"

20171104_180725.thumb.jpg.fde82a80917a43b1d7a9b51f0c3f0aa5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9