Cheap headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Search Around google, people compared it to eBay no names, OBX, some had fitting issues. Definitely one of those item that goes with the term you get what you pay for.
I also highly recommend long tube as shorties don’t do much over stock other than alter sound

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I have some questions around this subject also, hows the speed engineerings fit? Should I get a catted y pipe or off road? No inspections here but don’t want a raspy sound. Not going for more sound, just more flow. From what I have read the kooks setups bolt up perfect and to the stock exhaust. Also I have a 6.2, thought about doing, cai, headers, y pipe, and slp resonator delete for my yuk.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the only inexpensive headers youll hear anyone recommend are speed engineering or texas speed & performance.
I have the speed engineering 1-7/8 with ypipe sitting in a box in the garage to go on. on another performance....truck.... site the owner(?), Sean, is pretty active and wont dodge any questions about his product. The ypipe they have comes with several different application specific fittings for different configurations - 4l60/6l80 2x4 and 4x4/awd. and both tail pieces to tie into oem cat back 3" or 3.5". It looked like the big fitment fix for a while was new motor mounts. and i hear the clamps for the slip fittings are kind of cheap.

I have no doubt the offerings from kooks/arh/stainlessworks etc fit perfectly but wasnt interested in spending that much and figured a trip to the exhaust shop to weld up most of the ypipe joints will eliminate any leaks throughout it

*going on 2012 awd yukon denali

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some questions around this subject also, hows the speed engineerings fit? Should I get a catted y pipe or off road? No inspections here but don’t want a raspy sound. Not going for more sound, just more flow. From what I have read the kooks setups bolt up perfect and to the stock exhaust. Also I have a 6.2, thought about doing, cai, headers, y pipe, and slp resonator delete for my yuk.

I'm a fan of cats and will use them when I build my exhaust. They help greatly with that raspy crackle (cant stand that) and smooth out the sound.
Kooks are great, had them on a previous vehicle. But, now I have 2 kids and 3 dogs. So I'm more budget minded :) .
Like randeez, One thing I can appreciate is how involved Sean @ SE is. He's always on PT.
Its also nice to point out the flaws, like the clamps. I'll be replacing the clamps with v-bands to eliminate any future leaking problems.

i think the only inexpensive headers youll hear anyone recommend are speed engineering or texas speed & performance.
I have the speed engineering 1-7/8 with ypipe sitting in a box in the garage to go on. on another performance....truck.... site the owner(?), Sean, is pretty active and wont dodge any questions about his product. The ypipe they have comes with several different application specific fittings for different configurations - 4l60/6l80 2x4 and 4x4/awd. and both tail pieces to tie into oem cat back 3" or 3.5". It looked like the big fitment fix for a while was new motor mounts. and i hear the clamps for the slip fittings are kind of cheap.

I have no doubt the offerings from kooks/arh/stainlessworks etc fit perfectly but wasnt interested in spending that much and figured a trip to the exhaust shop to weld up most of the ypipe joints will eliminate any leaks throughout it

*going on 2012 awd yukon denali

I love the options they have. You can always change your mind if you want a different configuration haha. And it wont cost an arm and a leg.