RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me spend $62.95 Chase! Do you think it's a coincidence that Amazon prime and Rock Auto have those brake parts for exactly the same price shipped? Of course Prime will have them here in 2 days so that's the way I went. But it's not the first time that Amazon has matched their prices exactly, I've noticed it a few times.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me spend $62.95 Chase! Do you think it's a coincidence that Amazon prime and Rock Auto have those brake parts for exactly the same price shipped? Of course Prime will have them here in 2 days so that's the way I went. But it's not the first time that Amazon has matched their prices exactly, I've noticed it a few times.
Well I mean y’all help me spend money quite often! So I figured I’d return the favor! Haha.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I can see you being a californian and setting your ebrake on even parking lots at the store lol.

I couldn't tell you if mine works. Never used it. Don't plan to either. I hate parking on extreme slopes anyway. Mine broke on my 05 silvy when the stereo shop installed my touch screen and tested out the DVD player...and it was stuck closed so I had to get it towed to the dealership. Just a poor gm design I guess.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see you being a californian and setting your ebrake on even parking lots at the store lol.

I couldn't tell you if mine works. Never used it. Don't plan to either. I hate parking on extreme slopes anyway. Mine broke on my 05 silvy when the stereo shop installed my touch screen and tested out the DVD player...and it was stuck closed so I had to get it towed to the dealership. Just a poor gm design I guess.
I live on a mountain where practically every street has a hill on it at some point. So very few parking spots are flat. Lol. Although my driveway is flat luckily. Why would you think that’s a California thing?! Haha

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I live on a mountain where practically every street has a hill on it at some point. So very few parking spots are flat. Lol. Although my driveway is flat luckily. Why would you think that’s a California thing?! Haha
Well you know where I live, nothing but mountains lol.
I just remember everyone always using their parking brake every time they parked , slope or not.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Mine doesn't work either. Just not adjusted. When I did my rear breaks I said screw it.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Saturday morning was interesting. The cable going from the ebrake release handle to the top of the ebrake pedal snapped. Ooi. :banghead: My local parts store had a replacement. NAPA parts had one in stock Saturday but it was like 50 something bucks. I waited to days and got a replacement for 36 bucks from Carquest. Anyways I’m shocked it only took about 20 minutes to swap out and ebrake works as it should. I set it every time I park, because I hate that lurch when I don’t set it. Drives me nuts. So being able to set my brake when I park makes me feel good.
Original handle with snapped cable.
View attachment 184803 View attachment 184804
New handle and cable View attachment 184806
And where the cable clicks into the little tab on top of the pedal. Thank god that tab is designed to use to release the ebrake in the event that the cable snaps, well done GM! One piece of design I like! Lol View attachment 184807

nice job!

when you say that "lurch". you mean when you start the truck it almost seems like it is in drive because it kinda jumps forward? i thoughti was the only one with that problem haha. freaks me out everytime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu