Changing to Escalade Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The black part is painted and smooth. I wish they'd paint them to match the rest of the car, but I guess they don't to add shape to the windows.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They would work. You have the DL3 mirrors. Those are the ones with all the features. The Escalade has the same thing, a different exterior design. Electronics are all the same. If you had a more basic Tahoe without all the features, then you have to add wiring and change interior switch panels and sometimes BCM programming.

Escalade mirrors are DR4. They still might need programming on Tahoes/Yukons if Mr. B hasn't solved his.

When I go to my dad's today I'll take my old Tahoe switches and compare it to my Denali switch and see if there's more plugs for it than the Tahoe has.

OP
OP
Mr. B

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got time to take it to the dealer to check out the folding issue. Turns out the motor is bad. It was that way when I bought the mirror. They are actually being pretty cool with me. They ordered a new mirror, I have the extended warranty. I reminded them that it was an Escalade mirror, and they said they would see if they could somehow get me a new Escalade mirror and still have warranty pay for it.

As a backup, I still have my stock mirrors, and the motor works. Does anybody know if I can disassemble the mirrors and put the good motor in the Escalade mirror?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought these about literally 4 minutes ago, and I posted a thread (in General Discussion board) for you to read, lol, care to post some reviews there? I didn't think you'd post back in this thread.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
These 2007+ mirrors definitely would not work, the wiring is completely different. But the OBS Escalade mirrors should work, but I think the OBS mirrors are all the same. I know they didn't have power fold until 2002 Escalade models.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Here are pics. The gap where the Esky trim would go is actually not as noticable as it appears in the pictures. I'm very picky, and it doesn't bother me much. I'm mulling options of how to fill that gap. I may end up doing nothing.

I wish Tahoe/Yukon door panels were the same as Escalade door panels, that way we could buy the trim pieces and have that all work perfectly. :)

However, Escalade door shells are made differently just to fit that trim piece. If you put those on a Yukon (even Denali) it'll stick out and look funny.

If you come up with a gap solution, let me know!

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the chrome lower caps off ebay & the white uppers (since my LTZ has the chromes) I guess i'll have to wait to see the difference but I couldn't tell much by those pics of the esky mirrors? the upper whites cost me $75 shipped brand new from GM the lower caps were $49 shipped.. I also ordered the esky roof rack should be here smoetime next week (that was $304 then i have to get the end caps painted)

Mr B. are you changing the running boards also? I think i am going to get the same ones i had on my Sierra All terrain.. they were the 6" oval chrome. very expensive but man they looked SWEET. anybody have these?

pic: SierraAllTerrain91608006.jpg

here's the pic from the place i ordered the lower "Escalade" style cap. i think the only difference is the chrome extends to the "stationary" part of the esky mirror whereas the chrome cap i'm getting doesn't? can someone post a side by side maybe? i'm curious to see if i want to go this route or find me some esky mirrors?..

67314x_chrome_mirror_covers_bottomh.gif IMG_0715.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr. B

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had those lower caps on my stock Denali mirrors. I didn't like how it left the part by the door black. My car is white, so it stood out. Also, the caps I got fit like shit. There were big gaps at the outer edge of the mirror. I'm picky and it drove me nuts every time I got in.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I had those lower caps on my stock Denali mirrors. I didn't like how it left the part by the door black. My car is white, so it stood out. Also, the caps I got fit like shit. There were big gaps at the outer edge of the mirror. I'm picky and it drove me nuts every time I got in.

No plans to change the running boards. A Black Bear tune, 1" spacers on the front, and 22" are about all that's left for me. I may do the Escalade 3rd brake light swap too. It looks sharp.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You would think one of those manufacturers that make these lower mirror cap stick-ons would be smart enough to make the rest of it, or a separate piece you can buy that goes over that part.

OP
OP
Mr. B

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a black truck I think you would be fine with the chrome caps. I just didnt like how they fit.