Changing to Escalade Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone converted to the chrome lower Escalade mirrors? I have a Denali and want to make the swap. I don't like the stick on pieces, i want the real deal.

Mine have the heat/power fold/turn signals. I would think it is just plug and play with the Escalade mirrors. Any know first hand?

Also, do you have to pull the door panel in order to make the swap, or are the plugs right up where the mirror mounts?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Has anyone converted to the chrome lower Escalade mirrors? I have a Denali and want to make the swap. I don't like the stick on pieces, i want the real deal.

Mine have the heat/power fold/turn signals. I would think it is just plug and play with the Escalade mirrors. Any know first hand?

Also, do you have to pull the door panel in order to make the swap, or are the plugs right up where the mirror mounts?

They are plug and play, yes. You do have to remove the door panel to unplug the mirror. However, the mirrors are a little different. The Escalade has chrome trim on the lower part of the windows. This runs under the mirror. The Denali does not have this, so when you put the Escalade mirror on there is a gap there where the chrome piece should go. It's not huge, but it's noticeable. You could always fill it in with something though. The mirrors sure look good however!

OP
OP
Mr. B

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if it is possible to just disassemble the mirrors and put the chrome lower pieces in place of the black ones.

OP
OP
Mr. B

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled off the door panel today to plug in the mirrors and verify they worked before I got them pained. They worked just fine. Plug and play. I'll take them in for paint on Monday.

For others wanting to verify that a different mirror works, all you have to do is pop up the panel where your window and mirror controls are. The mirror plugs are the ones closest to the dash. For the check I did, I wouldn't have had to remove the door panel.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Great tip about the plug thing, too.

OP
OP
Mr. B

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sophomore, where are the pics of you mirrors? From the front of the vehicle?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My bad! They're okay, with black they're not really worth the job but if you had a different color Tahoe/Yukon then they'd definitely be worth it. Pics:

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00937-1.jpg

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled off the door panel today to plug in the mirrors and verify they worked before I got them pained. They worked just fine. Plug and play. I'll take them in for paint on Monday.

For others wanting to verify that a different mirror works, all you have to do is pop up the panel where your window and mirror controls are. The mirror plugs are the ones closest to the dash. For the check I did, I wouldn't have had to remove the door panel.

Mr. B -- Please get some pics up as soon as you can. I've got a cracked driver-side mirror, and may just replace 'em both with the Esky mirrors (but want to see how they look). Thanks!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. B -- Please get some pics up as soon as you can. I've got a cracked driver-side mirror, and may just replace 'em both with the Esky mirrors (but want to see how they look). Thanks!

Keep in mind they are not plug-and-play for Tahoes. You will have to wire them properly, like with Escalade OEM tails. I don't remember exactly what you have to do but I read this on the old Tahoeforum.com site. Plus I've seen eBay auctions for Escalade mirrors that say "will work with Yukon Denali but not Tahoe or standard Yukon".

So something is different there, maybe the switch panel. If that's the case, I'm in luck because I have Denali switches. :D

Last edited: