Changing Steering Speed Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the steering sensor or the ps solenoid actuator may be broke or unplugged. the system does have trouble codes for just the steering but you need access to a tech2 or other specialized scanner.

Tommy 874

Reaction score
I looked under the hood of my 00 Tahoe I didn't see any wires coming off the pump. I did see the sensor on the steering shaft. Does this mean I don't have steering assist? Is there a way to test it before I just replace it?

99'Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a snap on computer scanner, (almost 4,000) but no codes came up, the only thing waqs, transmission components slipping.... im still bewildered...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
can it communicate with manufacturer specifc modules it does not exactly work like sae obd2 compliance. the codes will be C04xx codes for the steering system. you have to search for the module in the scanner if your adapters and software allows.

TON8TY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(First time post but avid reader)

Scared myself then my wife in the first week we had our S-T-O-C-K 99 4dr tahoe. Not good feeling @ hwy speed or 45 in 4-lane with heavy traffic. Did the research several times here and other places but Pics got me to register for this site. Thank you for a place to figure this stuff out!!!

Thank you VERY much to Fyremanpat for pics and others for the notes about the "foam tape" and the "green tab". With this info, I waded in and had it done in about 30min. Drove much better after swap. Issue resolved!

Now to get some exhaust on this thing... Cover up the fact the CD player quit :)

Thank you again site admin and contributors.

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to change mine? I am taking it on this weekend. May remove my driver seat since I am a big guy....

Motown 454

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RedCrush I'm almost 300 lb and I got to mine its tight but you can get it. The wires were real short which makes it tough but the foam wrapping was the worst part of it.
Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14