Changing/replacing low beam on 2011 Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched but could not find my answer.

My low beam on my 2011 finally went out on one side so I need to replace it. Is here an "easy" way to replace this or am I taking the truck apart (I miss how easy it was in my 2001 Tahoe)?

Thanks!

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The correct answer is you need to remove your bumper to get the lights. However, people have been able to get them out without replacing them.

YouTube has a bunch of videos. Here's the first one I came to...

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, removing the bumper is not necessary....but I still haven't made up my mind whether it's a bigger PITA doing so or fishing around via the side access points. Might be 50/50.

OP
OP
njracer

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The correct answer is you need to remove your bumper to get the lights. However, people have been able to get them out without replacing them.

YouTube has a bunch of videos. Here's the first one I came to...

I did look at some of the youtube vids and ended up doing the one where you pull back the fender liner to access the 10mm bolt holding the bottom of the light. Took about 15min for the 1st one, 5min for the 2nd one.

I still miss how easy my 2001 Tahoe was.

OP
OP
njracer

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did look at some of the youtube vids and ended up doing the one where you pull back the fender liner to access the 10mm bolt holding the bottom of the light. Took about 15min for the 1st one, 5min for the 2nd one.

I still miss how easy my 2001 Tahoe was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9