changing mrc shocks with gas shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new trucks are way different then the older ones. I did a mod on mine no issues. Shoot me a pm
I'm on the east coast. Do you have anyone over here doing work. I'm looking to go to a softer shock on the denali, but would like to bypass the service ride light like others have noted

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's interesting. My Essie rides like a Mack truck with the MR shocks. My LS Suburban rides like a dream.

Bxbound7595

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What size tires and wheels are you running I really love the way it looks I want my suburban Lt to look like that and how does it ride and what kind of wheels are those

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump. Did anyone find a way to delete the mrc shocks with out throwing a code?

formula271

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently drove a 2017 Tahoe LT with the standard suspension and 20" wheels / Continental tires. The ride was fantastic.

My 2015 Suburban LTZ with the Magnetic Ride Suspension and the same 20" wheels / Conti tires rides embarrassingly bad. It's both stiff and floaty at the same time....pounding harshly over bumps while offering poor damping control. The resulting vibrations felt through the steering and structure make it feel as if you're driving a vehicle at least a couple generations older.

I have not driven a newer vehicle with MRC so do not know if this is resolved, but it's hard to imagine that GM would still have this suspension calibration for MRC "premium" vehicles when the standard suspension setup is so much better.

Can anyone help identify part number changes that will help remedy the ~2015 MRC ride? Are there new strut p/n's? MRC ECU update? The platform hasn't changed, so I'm hopeful there must be some option available.

OP
OP
wot_denali

wot_denali

Reaction score
The easiest way to get the latest updated mrc shocks is to visit dealer and shoot a pic from underneeth the car,those shocks part number is very clear.i had installed bilstien 4600 and they were fine but I noticed I should change the coils becuase the gmc coils is not that strength as the normal gas shocks coils.

20171113_152738.jpg

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait. What? That was confusing

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT