changing mrc shocks with gas shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wot_denali

Reaction score
since i bought my denali till now i can see that gm could not solve the vibration issues,i drove 2 base yukons with 18" rims and non mrc shocks and the ride was perfect,so i was thinking if i can replace the mrc shocks to a normal shocks,do i need any modifications?

plasticman

Reaction score
since i bought my denali till now i can see that gm could not solve the vibration issues,i drove 2 base yukons with 18" rims and non mrc shocks and the ride was perfect,so i was thinking if i can replace the mrc shocks to a normal shocks,do i need any modifications?

Maybe Norcal would know! Needs bypass wiring so it doesen't show on the gauge cluster. Somebodies got to make them!

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is so frustrating about this is that GM knows about the vibrations and frankly crappy ride at low to medium speed issues, and all it would take is new software calibration for the MRCs to (possible) cure the above.

WTH is taking them so long?

OP
OP
wot_denali

wot_denali

Reaction score
I disconnected the front mag shocks connector,for more than 4 months,the car is like yacht,

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One would think with all the companies that have received license to use this tech...gmc...Ferrari...bently etc etc etc...

That someone would have a controller going out there...or at least would be able to point a direction to a tuner who could then through together a new algorithm or map for us land yachts...

plasticman

Reaction score
denali4-jpg.60624
I just disconnected mine, Ride is a little better but still sucks. It does come up
saying service suspension soon. 2015 Denali Xl, lowered 2/3 with spindles.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
After running without the mrc shocks plug in, it would only
run 85 mph. plugged them back in and as fast as you wanted to go.
I bought new Suburban LS std. shocks, but need to get the right
ohm by-pass for the computer. Tried some bypass for a autoride system
up to 2014 but didn't work. Still said on the dash "Service Suspension"

Arnott Suspension has them for up to 2014. They said it might be a couple
of years before they have something that will work.

I would think Tony (Norcal) would have Bypass fix for replacing the MRC shocks

Ordered some 2 ohm 25 watt Resistors, will let you know if they work! The hard
Ride is driving me nuts.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the new trucks are way different then the older ones. I did a mod on mine no issues. Shoot me a pm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs