Change your cabin filter!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drob78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On Star was kind enough to let me know it was time to change the in-cabin filter, and it was filthy. Only had the Tahoe for 9 months, couldn't imagine after multiple years.

15 minutes well spent IMO.

IMG_0224.JPG

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably one of the least known things to change. I didn't change the one on my 2002 in maybe 8 years. After seeing that it should be replaced, I bought the filter which came with 2 filters. My mechanic changed it and said, this two pack at has you covered for the next time and changed one filter. 3 years later I figured out there's actually two filters in there. It was damn near black.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my 2004 had them. My other cars have them and I use the charcoal activated type

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
You wont believe the crap I had to pull from people's blower motors. This is by far the worst one that I can remember.

Complaint. Customer states ac smells bad

My notes. Mouse merrygo round went into overdrive. Turned into mouse centrifuge.

It gutted what mice living in the blower from their mouths and ass.

IMG_9010.JPG

OP
OP
Drob78

Drob78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You wont believe the crap I had to pull from people's blower motors. This is by far the worst one that I can remember.

My notes. Mouse merrygo round went into overdrive. Turned into mouse centrifuge.

View attachment 81129
:eek: That's Janet Jackson kind of nasty.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 81129

Was it using the squirrel cage as an exercise wheel?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can one tell if they have a cabin filter. My owners manual doesn't state either way.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think GM did away with them in 04? When I got my 04 Escalade was looking around on YouTube and found a video on it so was like hell I'll do mine get it apart didn't have one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Yukon Denali and I don't believe I have one. Please correct me if I'm wrong!