Center console sub specs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
What's going on fellas.

Little perdicimant.

04 yukon Denali

Iv already done research and parted out what I'm doing my truck. Bose out, ALL aftermarket in. My issue is, the sub up there (gmtx8xx), I have no idea on the specs or the.size or volume of that box. Does anyone have anything I can work with as for dementions on what's going on up there to help my research? An aftermarket amp will be feeding the new sub anyway. Just need some info if any or anything aftermarket that worked up there.

Thanks a lot everyone..

Dan O

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well..... there is no "correct" answer for your "perdicament"!

If you are going with a custom center console, you can make it as long, high and wide as you want! I had two tens in mine, about 2.6 cubes, firing down with the amps underneath. Also had a storage area on top, with a lid.

Six 6.5's, four 8's, four 10's, two 12's....

I've also seen one with a single 15", firing directly into the dash - lots of fiberglass work to make it look good, but it was a beast!

Pick your sub(s), find out what the optimal size box is for it/them, and work from there!

OP
OP
OB 04Denali

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
Thing is. I dont want to make a custom center console for a sub. I want to use the existing location and just replace that sub with an aftermarket one. even if it isnt a crazy one, just something that fits in there i can power up to add to everything else. I just dont know what to stick in there cause i cant find any dementions.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluntly put, not even worth the time to disassemble the console. There are absolutely ZERO companies out there that make a replacement sub for the factory one, unless it is a direct OEM replacement. In which case, you'll never have better than the crappy bass that you started out hating in the first place.

But that's just my $.02.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea agreed to above post. ud be wasting money going all aftermaket and trying to keep the sub in factory console. id recommend just going with a nice aftermarket deck and keeping bose. will make a huge difference from the oem deck.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0320.JPG I was looking to do the same thing with the console sub. I ended up with an Alpine hu, upgraded door speakers, kept Bose amp for those. Kept original sub but added a powered Alpine sub under the rear seat and couldn't be happier.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I seem to remember one where somebody fit an aftermarket one in the console... Keep searching.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea they make a JL Audio stealth box that fits 1 10 sealed inside the factory console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442