Center Console Leather 2015 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Utah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am the owner of a 2015 Suburban LTZ. The center console has an issue with the leather. I searched and this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. Has anyone else had an issue like this and if so, did they replace the entire unit or is there a way to pull the leather back into place? Thanks for your help. This seems to be the most active forum I have found. With Tahoe's, Yukons, Suburbans, there seems to be several "official" forums.

Capture.JPG

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Wow wonder what caused that! How long after you had it until this happened?

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Utah

Utah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought it last weekend, it has 40K on it and I am not sure how it happened. I am glad you think it's odd also, like I said it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone post anything on this forum that I'm aware of. The dealer should replace that and wonder what caused it to do that. I can't believe the previous owner didn't have it fixed unless they did that but no idea how they would have. Did you ask them when you purchased it? Hopefully they will replace it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent seen that yet

i dont think dealer would take time to take cover off, & try to glue it down. but they may.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought it from a used car dealer, you might be able to get them to fix it if there is some sort of warranty that would cover it.

Did you get it from a GM dealer or CarMaxx?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Caused from some big dude always throwing his elbow and arm into it as they readjust in the seat, pulling and stretching the leather loose. You bought it used, they probably wont fix it. You could bring it to an upholstery shop or look for a new lid.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Defly seems odd for 40k but it's all about how much abuse that thing takes from heavy handed elbows. In my my old truck I had to replace the driver side arm rest cause it was dented and beat up but it's normal wear and tear in my opinion. I'm planning on buying a new center console and lower seat and store them cause they will tear at some point.

Stanky

Reaction score
My center console looks pretty much identical to yours. Bought my '15 Tahoe LTZ with ~45k miles from a used dealer. Previous owner was most likely heavyset like fiatdale said above

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If dealer won't fix it, you can.

Disassemble lid from storage cubby.
Disassemble the outer hard plastic components from lid.
Remove staples holding leather (or pleather?) in place.
Re-stretch leather/pleather.
Re-staple in place.
Re-install hard plastic.
Re-install lid to cubby.

Easier than you think.