CD doesn't work under warranty - worth fixing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if it is worth fixing a CD player under warranty. If the fix requires the dealer tearing into the dash to swap the unit I'm not sure it is worth the headaches. However, if it is a simple swap I'd be interested in hearing other's experiences. Thanks -

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the whole point of buying new vehicles, warranty. You take it in and don't have to deal with it. Not getting something fixed because things have to be taken apart is obsered. If you had a rod knock you wouldn't take it in because they would have to pull the engine and it's a headache?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the fact that if you have the warranty then go ahead and use it. However, I totally understand the hesitation as the last thing you want is to have a rattle introduced when it’s fine otherwise. If it’s something you never use or never would use then I might agree that I wouldn’t want to bother with it if the dash or console needs to be taken apart.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resale value will be greater if it works...

nofaz

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for a replacement DVD/CD player for the NAV radio in my 13' Yukon?

I've had it out and looked the player over, quite confident I can swap out the player myself if I can find the part.

My player has had the laser fail, won't find the disc. Mechanisim works fine.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have better luck posting in the 13 section as this is the 2015+ section. In Orlando there is a company that repairs GM radios that a lot of Dealers use and you may want to do a Google search for your area. There may be something on Ebay as well,

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the whole point of buying new vehicles, warranty. You take it in and don't have to deal with it. Not getting something fixed because things have to be taken apart is obsered. If you had a rod knock you wouldn't take it in because they would have to pull the engine and it's a headache?
obsered is absurd!

nofaz

Reaction score
You may have better luck posting in the 13 section as this is the 2015+ section. In Orlando there is a company that repairs GM radios that a lot of Dealers use and you may want to do a Google search for your area. There may be something on Ebay as well,
Thanks, I'll do some more reading and see if my question has an answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low