CD Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pretty much gave mine away. Nobody wants one unless they're just replacing a broken one.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll toss it on the shelf with my old 8-Track

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Unless its an old guy who uses it, like my trucks previous owner who always had his stuffed with George Jones cds and still thought 6 disc changers were the coolest. Or for someone trying too sell a Denali and have everything working and stock.
Other than that theyre not in high demand, most are replacing them with cubbies like you did.
Keep it for when you sell it to the next guy.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '00 Yukon XL, I wanted to install my 2m mobile remote head somewhere, and the best place I could find was the cassette deck location (same place as your CD changer).
I pulled the deck, removed it from the carrier sleeve, and attached the mounting kit to the sleeve and reinstalled it.
Instead of getting a kit to bypass the deck, I just put in an aftermarket head unit:

20161117_122337.jpg
Maybe someday I'll install the mic holder on the dash some place, but the cup holder works nice for now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL cassette deck...Even more worthless than a CD changer.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL cassette deck...Even more worthless than a CD changer.
Well, I did use it with the cassette adapter they left behind to run my phone into the radio.

I still sounds better with the new head unit. (...and all new speakers and dual 12" subs)

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the exact same head unit I just installed in my daughters 2003 Highlander. Did you install the hands free mic? I just received the stickers to go over the worn buttons on my NAV unit. I may wait until it warms up a bit before I put them on.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the stickers over the controls and am not impressed. They are too small and leave an ugly halo that I guess I could cover with paint because a sharpie doesn't work stick too well. I'll probably either bite the bullet and just buy the replacement buttons or another head unit. Don't bother with the stickers unless you have tiny fingers and REALLY steady hands

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the exact same head unit I just installed in my daughters 2003 Highlander. Did you install the hands free mic? I just received the stickers to go over the worn buttons on my NAV unit. I may wait until it warms up a bit before I put them on.
If you are talking about the Pioneer, yes. I ran the wire up to the spot where the onstar mic was. (I just moved it out of the way)

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the CD changer delete on my nali using the Metra pocket, bought off Amazon. Very happy with the results. I took the metal box off the changer, bent a couple of the front tabs off, bent a couple more out of the way, and slid the pocket in. Used the largest faceplate and everything is in there nice and tight.20170420_122436.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish