CD Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished 2 easy projects ( Thanks to here and YouTube ) I just removed the CD changer I don't use and installed a Metra radio delete pocket. Unfortunately they don't make one specifically for the 2004 Denali, but I was able to make it work. I also installed the auxiliary jack that I tapped through the XM wires. I listed the CD player on eBay last night.

proj.jpg

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the model # for what you used to make the cd pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the CD pocket I used the Metra 88-00-9000 kit and glued the largest faceplate to the opening, once the glue was set then I snapped in the storage pocket to it. The only think left to do is cut a piece of felt to stick in there. For the aux. plug, there is a YouTube video that shows you exactly what to do providing you have XM radio. When you play your ipod, just turn the XM station to channel 0 so there is no bleed through of music.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much should I ask for the CD player I took out of my Yukon. I initially put it on eBay for $100, but didn't get many views. I've since lowered it to $75.00 w/ free shipping. I've seen the same one listed for $150.00 + I tested it before I removed it and it worked fine. I saw the rules that I can't post on the classified section here until I have 85 posts.

Thanks

cd.jpg

jabney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the CD pocket I used the Metra 88-00-9000 kit and glued the largest faceplate to the opening, once the glue was set then I snapped in the storage pocket to it. The only think left to do is cut a piece of felt to stick in there. For the aux. plug, there is a YouTube video that shows you exactly what to do providing you have XM radio. When you play your ipod, just turn the XM station to channel 0 so there is no bleed through of music.

Thanks for the lnfo on the cd player delete. I'm doing this mod over the weekend if the part comes in by then.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the same pocket but took the brackets off the CD changer and mounted them to the pocket so it slides in and clicks into place just like the changer did. When I sold the changer the buyer never asked about the missing brackets. There's pics in my build thread.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Poor Denali guys lol. My buddy just did this mod on his Denali sierra and he's very happy with it.

I need to do the rear radio delete on mine.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to do that if the brackets weren't riveted on. I used some plastic cement made by Loctite which seems to be holding pretty well. It that ends up failing, it shouldn't be too hard to fabricate a mechanical bracket. I found a piece of leather at Michael's that I trimmed to fit inside the pocket. I also wrapped a piece of foam around the CD plug to keep it from rattling around. I do love having the aux. port now and may buy a Bluetooth adapter to plug in to it so I don't need to use the wire. I do have a USASpec ipod interface installed, but it won't shuffle the songs. I'll probably end up removing it and selling it as well.

I've been trying to sell the CD player on eBay for the last couple of weeks, but haven't had much luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan