CCM & Terra Grapplers done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's all

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BG_Aggie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, you can definitely hear them, but it's not loud. I'd say anyone that hasn't been in it a lot with stock tires would never notice. I was surprised to be able to feel the tread at slower speeds though.

Are these the Terra Grappler or Terra Grappler G2?

I've been reading a ton on this forum and it doesn't seem like anyone identifies the G2. Are people not buying the newer version? If so, anyone have anything thoughts as to why?

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware there was a new version. Mine are not the G2.

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only put about 1,000 miles on them, so they're great

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these the Terra Grappler or Terra Grappler G2?

I've been reading a ton on this forum and it doesn't seem like anyone identifies the G2. Are people not buying the newer version? If so, anyone have anything thoughts as to why?

I just think the G2 is too new, I think they just came out this month.

Well my Tahoe needs new tires very soon so I will be checking Goodyear Duratrac, Toyo Open County AT2, Nitto Terra Grappler G2s, and Nitto Exo Grappler. We really like the Trail Grapplers that are on right now (~48k), but it is my wife's rig now and she wants more of an all terrain type.

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've now put 30k on these and they've got at least 20k to go, lots of tread left. The only downside so far is my mpg's dropped 2mpg on hwy. Not sure if that's from the tires ir the leveling kit or both. I'm only getting 17.5 hwy now, and that's after the BlackBear tune (which makes the vehicle much more responsive on throttle, but didn't change mpg at all for me).

Anyone have experience with other all terrains that didn't affect gas mileage?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've now put 30k on these and they've got at least 20k to go, lots of tread left. The only downside so far is my mpg's dropped 2mpg on hwy. Not sure if that's from the tires ir the leveling kit or both. I'm only getting 17.5 hwy now, and that's after the BlackBear tune (which makes the vehicle much more responsive on throttle, but didn't change mpg at all for me).

Anyone have experience with other all terrains that didn't affect gas mileage?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The drop in fuel economy is probably a combination of your truck riding higher and the tires----more wind resistance and underbody turbulence, and greater rolling resistance.

I'm due for new tires soon and have been favoring the Terra Grappler G2. Perhaps slightly higher psi could help inch the mpgs back up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons