CB Radio Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see the coax sticking through the grommet. I poked a small hole through the outer rubber and was able to fish the wire through.

View attachment 180649

Thanks! I was thinking of going that route but wasn't sure about poking through the grommet. Do you get any leaks through there? I'll go that way but just didn't know if I need to seal it up at all

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any leaking, but I have only had it in there for a couple weeks. I don't expect any problems. I only made the hole big enough for the wire. I've done similar things on other vehicles with good results.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I finally was able to get some time to cut into the center console behind the top shallow pocket between the two cigarette lighter/12V supply. Nothing was behind there and was just a support for the shallow pocket. I cut it back and was able to fit my Midland 1001LWX which is about 8" deep. I did have to cut down the right side wall of the shallow pocket since it tapers inward as it goes back. I'll post some pictures later.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures:

First one shows how there isn't anything there when I cut out the first part. Second shows the opening I had to make to fit the CB. Third shows the modification to the pocket bezel to get the depth. Final one is how it looks installed

IMG_4598.JPG IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4602.JPG IMG_4605.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7