CB Radio Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of range did they expect you to get with this antenna?
I'll be honest, I'm not really sure.

Although, when the guy was helping me pick an antenna, he said if it wasn't tuned, I'd be lucky if I got 1/4 mile.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's anything behind the top center pocket between the two power plugs on the center console? Or point me in the direction of how to remove the center console? I was looking to mount the CB there. It will fit in the pocket but just a matter of depth I have to find out.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
That whole black plastic piece is just held in by clips, just hold the middle part and you can pull it out. Then you can measure from there

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the full center console, I think a lot of guys put theirs in between the cigarette lighters or right below there. And I've heard good things about Firestik antennas, lots of bang for your buck.

Just to double up on the above statement, my console has space between the front and the dash. I mounted my bracket to the front of console with two (2) screws. The Cobra 25 mounts vertical with the antenna connection on the bottom and sets on the carpet. I used the lighter connection right in front of it. As for antenna, I used a Firestik 3' with magnetic base just behind the front crossbar on the roof rack, and the antenna coax is routed through the front of the l/rear door @ the top. Center of roof is best location, that's why mine is there. The antenna comes with adjustable tip for fine tuning. Good luck