Catch Can Unboxing & Installation Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gasilla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I made an unboxing and installation video for the catch cans. I noticed there were MANY MANY MANY pages and threads with confused people asking the same questions. So to eliminate that and help all future modders, I made this video to show just how easy it is to install. Enjoy!

Trying to watch your video but cant seem to find the link on your post. What am i doing wrong?

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video. Anyone know if it's the same with the 15s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d-alex-l

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the part number mentioned in the video? Will watch the video when I get home tonight. Thanks for doing it!

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to go on the Amazon catch cans. The cheaper catch cans are what I'd go with. Just don't get a catch can with a vent on top.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been off this board for many years, but I recently found my back to find solutions.

My 09' Tahoe has been steady, clocking in at 189k; traveling sales puts on the milage. But the 'Oil Consumption' has increased which I need to change...So I replaced the Valve Cover (but in the process received the slightly wrong cover (the pcv port was of a different design and the oem hose would not connect), so I took the next logic step and went Catch Can shopping (as this would ultimate solve 2 things; most importantly was replacing the oem lcv hose(s)...
However, I ended up with 'rectangle Catch can', the mounting hardware was bleak so I improvised some and made a bracket work..etc..and got it nicely connected and solved my first problem with the valve cover- yeah!

What I didn't expect was any performance at all to making the mod, but my Tahoe feels like the chains have come off and come to life- the response is quite noticeable, the sound is slightly deeper and it just wants to go....I know I must be psycho schematic...but either way I'm enjoying the new ride. That said it seems my old pcv valve/hose must have been doing more harm than good......

Now I want more... Air intake, tuned, big brakes and 2/3 drop....I knew I shouldn't have come here;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt