Carplay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parrot418

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is there an after market stereo for my 2014 Yukon Denali that includes Apple car play?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there are PLENTY! Kenwood and Pioneer seem to be the most popular. They have double dins with dual zone rear seat entertainment that you can retail in your Denali. I have the 4200 NEX (Pioneer) and happy with it but there are better options, all depends on your price point.

tinman8840

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kenwood, pioneer, alpine, and jvc all offer carplay options and are fully compatible with idatalink maestro to retain all the factory stuff.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

parrot418

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is the main reason I want a new ride so if I replace my factory stereo with a CarPlay system, I might just keep driving my Denali and pay it off!

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you want CarPlay so bad for? One of the salesmen we talked to made it up to be a huge deal, it's just meh in my opinion. Nothing I would spring for if it weren't included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

parrot418

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you want CarPlay so bad for? One of the salesmen we talked to made it up to be a huge deal, it's just meh in my opinion. Nothing I would spring for if it weren't included.

I'm a total techie. My hubby just bought a 2017 Silverado and I love CarPlay. I love having it read an incoming text and then letting me compose a reply. It's easy and fun and guarantees I don't look at my phone at all while driving! But I'm very Leary of messing with my factory set up also.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An aftermarket radio won't cost you 10k+ ;) and it won't depreciate the value on your current vehicle either. A lot of the aftermarket units actually do car play and then some.

OP
OP
P

parrot418

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An aftermarket radio won't cost you 10k+ ;) and it won't depreciate the value on your current vehicle either. A lot of the aftermarket units actually do car play and then some.

Anyone actually have this done yet? Best Buy? And they can hook up my XM and back up camera?

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
ive got the kenwood ddx9903 in my wifes 08 tahoe using the idatalink maestro equipment like stated earlier. i was able to retain steering control functions, oem backup camera, xm, and i adapted an oem usb spot below the climate control. this unit has front camera capabilites so i added a camera between the headrest and seat of the second row so my wife can see our 6month old while driving.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Pioneer 4200 NEX and installed myself, purchased from Best Buy. Aftermarket radios are way better than OEM. The radio mazdawg is talking about and the one I have are last year models and still way better than any OEM. Carplay is nice but my best entertainment comes from saving youtube music videos on a usb flash and playing through the carplay usb connection (I have Android). What I'm trying to say is there are many limits made by manufacturer for safety and such which are easily bypassed with aftermarket radios. If entertainment is your concern, there are plenty of options out there. The best thing is HDMI where you can wirelessly mirror your phone or device with the screen(s) in the car. Direct message me if you have any questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33