Cargo Area Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Happened to both my mirror/puddle lights. But they're still just as bright and actually spread out more instead of the focused beam patter from the projector lens. My cargo lights are still intact so far. Wasn't even mad since they're basically $1 each lol.
Since David did not mount on any moving part (door, hatch) they should stay together :shrug:
4 is way too much for me, but it's all about preference. Clean install and welcome to the elite cargo light club lol :winner_first_h4h:

Hope I didn't steal your thunder. Did you already do a thread on cargo area lighting? I never checked...

And, I'll have to check for your puddle light mod.

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew, okay, dont want to step on anyone's toes. I thought it might have been in this (+15) forum.

I'm Dave and I'm a lightaholic...

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew, okay, dont want to step on anyone's toes. I thought it might have been in this (+15) forum.

:lol2:
He won't feel the stomp, they are frozen in Alaska at the moment. All mods are good especially the lighting ones. He put that up for anybody to contribute just like this one you did. Nice work. Put up some more, even though I know you are in the 15+ section.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

No no no this is what this place is all about , sharing ideas. Could care less about credit or thunder. You had a great idea and applied it to a newer model....which suprises me that theres still no damn light back there from the factory :nono:

Off1c3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
0 issues. It went nice and smooth. I'll take a pic of the +12v point that I used tomorrow. I was very careful where I put the lights. They are 1" tall on the back side. I believe I put them all in 1-1/2" in towards the front from the back edge/lip/curve. Then I more or less placed them next to the standoffs where the panel clips would go. I say "would" because on my panel, I had, I think, 3 clips that were not there. Not missing, probably never installed. The few clips that hold it up are more than sufficient. On that note, those clips, which are red, are buggers. They hold tight. I was able to shine a light in there, while prying the panel down a bit and with my third hand, use a long screwdriver to help pop them out.

The switch is in a similar spot, close to a standoff.

Because I am slightly OCD (that's like I am slightly Polish, ha!), I put in female/male spades near the switch so that I can remove the whole panel without removing or cutting any wiring.

Awesome, thanks! Also, thanks for the additional photos!

4wheeljive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am hugely indebted to the OP, David. The lack of lighting in the cargo area has driven me nuts, and I struggled over how to deal with it. I ended up copying David's solution almost exactly, and I am thrilled with how it came out. I also took things a step further to light up the exterior space behind the truck. I'll follow up with a few pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods