Can't find constant hot - help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed a dash cam with the Power Magic Pro unit for parking mode. The idea is that the dash cam will stay running until a preset time or power draw (PMP capability) turns the dash cam off.

The problem I am having is finding a fuse that is hot all the time. I've got fuse taps and I am using a test light to find hot when the key is removed. But there is no way to test which fuses stay hot after you park the truck and the timer is off because I cant access the fuse panel without opening the door.

I'm trying to avoid cutting into any factory wires. I already moved my fuse to keep the accessories hot all the time but you can't tap those fuses because they are 50 amp blocks.

Any suggestions?

PMP - https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-pro/

Followed this guide as well:

I tried the same fuses they show in the video but the cam doesn't stay on. Tried other fuses that my test light shows "hot" while the door is open with truck off. They don't work either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu