Cant decide on anything lol. Input advice welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer, but yeah, it all sounds about right. The good news is that most of it is easy to do and save a bundle on labor.

Watching youtube videos now lol. The guy i take it to is always half the cost of the dealership so hopefully in the am he will have a repair total i can afford but we will see. I dont have many tools so hopefully I can find a buddy with tools to help. Ive got the space just not the means lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Watching youtube videos now lol. The guy i take it to is always half the cost of the dealership so hopefully in the am he will have a repair total i can afford but we will see. I dont have many tools so hopefully I can find a buddy with tools to help. Ive got the space just not the means lol.

Yeah, Def gonna need a few tools, lol.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...along with replacing the cats...

Are you seeing any issues that led to a diagnosis of bad catalytic converters? Is the check engine light on?

They don't typically just "go bad" like milk or bread, they are damaged as a result other issues upstream...running rich and sending raw fuel into the exhaust, etc.

Save, perhaps, the transfer case leak (where is it leaking?), the other items in your list are certainly managed in a weekend without expensive tools, saving you a metric sh*t ton in labor costs at a shop.

also recommended the fuel spider upgrade.

Honestly, yes, it's a nice thing to have. I did it on my truck and there's a noticeable difference in throttle response over my Tahoe. But, unless you're having fuel delivery issues or just want to do the swap for kicks, I'd be leery if any shop tried to sell me that. I'd be wondering if other suggested repairs were truly needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you seeing any issues that led to a diagnosis of bad catalytic converters? Is the check engine light on?

They don't typically just "go bad" like milk or bread, they are damaged as a result other issues upstream...running rich and sending raw fuel into the exhaust, etc.

Save, perhaps, the transfer case leak (where is it leaking?), the other items in your list are certainly managed in a weekend without expensive tools, saving you a metric sh*t ton in labor costs at a shop.

Honestly, yes, it's a nice thing to have. I did it on my truck and there's a noticeable difference in throttle response over my Tahoe. But, unless you're having fuel delivery issues or just want to do the swap for kicks, I'd be leery if any shop tried to sell me that. I'd be wondering if other suggested repairs were truly needed.

Yes check engine has been on for a while. Reads the catlist effency below threshold bank one. It wont run right when you try to drive it after it sits and if you feather the throttle it smoothes out in a few seconds. 2 shops confirmed that and o2 sensors need done. The spyder injection was more a suggestion than a need to be replaced based on milage and mechanics .02. I use the dealership for most things just cause of the warranty aspect for most big things. But smaller stuff i have a different mechanic who also has a obs burban like mine to do other smaller jobs. T case leak is the adapter seal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345