Cant decide on anything lol. Input advice welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! So im having some issues deciding on what direction to go with my 99 obs burb. Part if me wants to lift it part wants to lower it. Either way i dont want it to be super drastic( thought about bags and dragging frame but axed thay idea since in 4wd). Whats everyone's input thoughts about both? Seen plenty of pictures so i have the idea of how it will look but im wanting to know what the ride will be like like for lifted and lowered? Whats peoples experiences with either. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44488affe8d0f2d640986a8950eb6fa1.jpg

Here is how she sits now with the from keys cranked down to lower the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the wife made up my mind for me and its going to get a small lift, wheels and tires(not sure on tire size or wheel size) and some simple things like new lights bumpers and a grille guard. Oh and of course a dvd stereo for the kids. The catch is i get to buy another burb to lower! She thinks it would be cute to have matching burbs one lifted one lowered lol.

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this looks great as is, but a mild lift---just enough for experts to notice--- always looks good on a clean OBS.

Thanks!! Yea its hard to decide. Back to the lowererd idea now but just 2 inches. Eventually ill have some 22s either oem or aftermarket with oem size tires and I dont want a big gap. Part of me says 33s are over kill but i dunno. Depending on if there is anything else wrong other than the wp it might get sold lol.

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Selling?
How many miles, and where are you located?
;)

Lol 99 sle 9 passenger 185k no rust and good shape. In kansas if your intrested everything is for sale. [emoji41]

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic surprised me today. Wasnt the water pump going bad. My t stat housing was cracked. But found a t case leak,transmission cooler lines need replaced, i need to do brakes typical 99 obs brake issues, along with replacing the cats,rear shocks,most front end parts(have random vibration in front end) and ujoints.also recommended the fuel spider upgrade. He said its all normal issues on a 185k obs burb. Fml [emoji30]

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Mechanic surprised me today. Wasnt the water pump going bad. My t stat housing was cracked. But found a t case leak,transmission cooler lines need replaced, i need to do brakes typical 99 obs brake issues, along with replacing the cats,rear shocks,most front end parts(have random vibration in front end) and ujoints.also recommended the fuel spider upgrade. He said its all normal issues on a 185k obs burb. Fml [emoji30]

Bummer, but yeah, it all sounds about right. The good news is that most of it is easy to do and save a bundle on labor.