can switch to LT tires n rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDogBrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

in general, can I switch over to the tahoe LT tires n rims (275/55R20).
I am currently running the standard PPV (265/60/17)
I do realize that this will throw my speedo out by about 8% (have the GPS showing my speed anyways), and yes I won't be able to hit the corners as hard - but I got the tahoe as a reasonably priced second car to haul the family, not a sports car substitute.

The stock PPV tire is fairly specialized, conversely its not to hard to find a good deal on a take off rim n tire from the LT.

bonus - it gives the car a bit of an upgrade in looks.

Thoughts?
I am guessing that since this is still one of the stock sizes, it might be able to put on with no issues. Or does the 2" lowering come into play?

Thanks in advance for the input.

(I'm hoping to come across a set of the larger rims, then just get a smaller sidewall - keep the existing 29.5 diameter - but this came up as an option)

B.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

in general, can I switch over to the tahoe LT tires n rims (275/55R20)
I do realize that this will throw my speedo out by about 8% (have the GPS showing my speed anyways), and yes I won't be able to hit the corners as hard - but I got the tahoe as a reasonably priced second car to haul the family.

The stock PPV tire is fairly specialized, and its not to hard to find a good deal on a take off rim n tire from the LT.

bonus - it gives the car a bit of an upgrade in looks.

Thoughts?
I am guessing that since this is still one of the stock sizes, it might be able to put on with no issues. Or does the 2" lowering come into play?

Thanks in advance for the input.

(I'm hoping to come across a set of the larger rims, then just get a smaller sidewall - keep the existing 29.5 diameter - but this came up as an option)

B.

What's on there now?

OP
OP
BlackDogBrian

BlackDogBrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry - that's kind of an important piece of info. I have the standard PPV size - 265/60/17

but
they are winter tires so I need to pick up a set of all seasons so I don't wear these out prematurely...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9