Can someone measure 2017 Yukon trunk for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccermom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking into A 2017 Yukon. So far just researching online. I will be coming from a Dodge Grand Caravan. I just don’t want to be losing too much space. Can someone measure in inches the length of the cargo space from the back to the back of the second row seat. Also from the back to the back of the third row seat and finally from the side to the side of the single third row seat with the double portion folded down?
Also any warnings or positives about switching from a mini van? And I think the Yukon XL is just too long for me.
Thank you!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If have any use for the third row and cargo area, you’ll need the XL.

I think that depends. Don’t forget the third row splits 60/40 so if one person needs to be back there the other 60% can still be folded down giving you lots of cargo room. It’s pretty rare for me to ever have 8 passengers AND cargo in my Tahoe at the same time.

As for the OP’s question, just google cargo volumes on the vehicles you are looking at.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that depends. Don’t forget the third row splits 60/40 so if one person needs to be back there the other 60% can still be folded down giving you lots of cargo room. It’s pretty rare for me to ever have 8 passengers AND cargo in my Tahoe at the same time.

As for the OP’s question, just google cargo volumes on the vehicles you are looking at.
Maybe I wouldn’t have said what I said if I hadn’t seen something leaving tball practice a couple of days ago.

Our close friends who we coach a tball team together just got a new Tahoe. They have 3 little kids. As we were walking to our cars, they were loading up. They had half of the third row down just so they could fit a bat bag and a bucket of softballs. And if they forget to remove any of that before their Costco trip, they’re SOL. Why buy something like that when there is something a bit bigger to accommodate better? Not to mention road trips, hopefully they invest in one of those cargo boxes that go on top or on the hitch.

Passengers in the extended version also have more room in both the second and third rows. Most substantial difference in the third row.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I wouldn’t have said what I said if I hadn’t seen something leaving tball practice a couple of days ago.

Our close friends who we coach a tball team together just got a new Tahoe. They have 3 little kids. As we were walking to our cars, they were loading up. They had half of the third row down just so they could fit a bat bag and a bucket of softballs. And if they forget to remove any of that before their Costco trip, they’re SOL. Why buy something like that when there is something a bit bigger to accommodate better? Not to mention road trips, hopefully they invest in one of those cargo boxes that go on top or on the hitch.

Passengers in the extended version also have more room in both the second and third rows. Most substantial difference in the third row.

Yeah it really depends on how many kids you have and if you go to Costco type stores. We have two, don’t shop at warehouse stores and almost never use our third row.

It’s a preference for the look to. If I liked the look of the Xl I’d buy that for sure.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it really depends on how many kids you have and if you go to Costco type stores. We have two, don’t shop at warehouse stores and almost never use our third row.

It’s a preference for the look to. If I liked the look of the Xl I’d buy that for sure.
Yeah I don’t go to warehouse stores either. But I still do things and buy stuff. So a short wheelbase is a no go.. and I’d assume the same for anyone on here concerned about space.

Last edited:

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a suburban for the last 9 years. I just got a Tahoe. I mis my suburban. I made a mistake.
It’s just my wife, me and my dog but miss that extra 20” of room

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chiming in, even though we are off topic...

The extra room "would" be nice, but I like the shorter body for parking and manuvering.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One rarely hears of people who buy the long wishing they had the short. However, one hears all the time, of folks who buy the short, wishing they had the long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094