Can I Tow It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about building a tiny house but didn't know if I would be able to pull a 26' or a 28' with my 08 Denali. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure since I haven't picked out the plans yet for it. What's the limit on what I can tow for the Denali?

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure since I haven't picked out the plans yet for it. What's the limit on what I can tow for the Denali?
It will vary if you have a weight distribution hitch or not. I think my Tahoe is like 9k regular and 12k with weight distribution.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Page 19 of this guide your tow rating is 7,900# assuming you are AWD and have a 3.42 rear.

http://rvbonus.com/towing/2008/2008tow.pdf

It's similar to my 2005 Denali which is 8,100#. I tow a 18' ultralight travel trailer that weighs in at 4,300# fully equipped and ready to camp. It tows well, but I don't think I would want to tow more than 6-7k with the stock setup.

Last edited:

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about building a tiny house but didn't know if I would be able to pull a 26' or a 28' with my 08 Denali. Thanks for the help.
Sorry, I missed that you specified the rough size of your tiny house. I would be surprised if you could build a conventional tiny house that size and get the weight below 15k. Even smaller tiny houses than you are planning that I normally see on TV are being pulled by a 3/4 ton or larger truck.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, technically 8,700lbs with no weight distribution hitch.
Either way, the GCWR of a 2008 Yukon 14,000# so that is really the most important number.

With my setup even though I am 3800 pounds below my tow weight, I am only 3000 pounds below my GCWR since the Yukon is loaded with gear, people, and fuel.

At the beginning of this season I actually went through a CAT scale to get my per axle weights, loaded truck weight, and gross weight with the trailer. It was helpful, and I actually needed to adjust my weight distributing hitch down a little since it was transferring too much weight from the rear to the front.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas

Latest posts