Can I paint my Depos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can paint anywhere that a bulb does not need a reflective surface, i.e. the high beam would need at least the bowl around the bulb left unpainted.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, heat gun and a set of screwdrivers or the baking method. You should also retro a better HID projector and go HID

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yes to all these questions. Bake 200-220 for 5 minutes a time. Use butter knife and flat head screw driver.
Also if you want black all you need to do it spay oven cleaner on the chrome and it will reveal a gloss black finish underneath.
I did a few sets in my build thread.

Chvyguy

Reaction score
Yes to all these questions. Bake 200-220 for 5 minutes a time. Use butter knife and flat head screw driver.
Also if you want black all you need to do it spay oven cleaner on the chrome and it will reveal a gloss black finish underneath.
I did a few sets in my build thread.

Where can I find the thread where you did the lights?

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that all Depos were black? I thought that was the whole point. A guy by the login "Whistler" on an Fbody forum figured out the baking method, and painted all the chrome black. I had always planned on doing that to the headlights on my Camaro. I changed from the faded stockers, to angel eye halos, and then when the lenses were done on those, I went to ebay. Low and behold! Depo headlights, already black and ready to go! Saw the name Depo on some Fbody related pages, and according to them, Depos were the headlights with the blacked out reflectors. This is the first time I have seen Depos with chrome, or atleast the first time I've known what they were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu