Can I lift a 2wd 01 Burban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2wd 2001 Suburban. What do I need to get about 3-4 inches of lift? I do not have the autoride ********, but I do have the Nivomat shocks in the back if that makes a difference. Will Silverado lift spindles fit on a Suburban?

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hi
sorr i dont have anything for it exect a front leveling kit
thanks tim

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your truck has torsion bars, exact same as a 4wd...

you can put keys in it and crank the keys up quite a ways, as well as a lift spindle they make..you dont have to worry about bad cv angles since you have none..then just put a coil spacer in the rear and you should be able to get 3" of lift, throw on a 1.5" body for 4.5..

i would think any 4wd lift would work actually..your control arms all mount the same, so the drop down bracket would work just fine..

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What keys would I need to lift the front? I have heard some people say something about Ford keys??? And I am only looking for 3 inches of lift, definitely no more than 4 inches at the most. Can I get 3 with just keys?

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
What keys would I need to lift the front? I have heard some people say something about Ford keys??? And I am only looking for 3 inches of lift, definitely no more than 4 inches at the most. Can I get 3 with just keys?

I have ready-lift keys cranked up and 1.5" Suspension maxx spacers. Lifted the truck up 3" and enough clearance to run 295/70r17 (33x10.50r17) Since Burbans can be ass heavy, I would go with 2" Spacers.

I have yet to run into any suspension problems and was able to align my truck perfectly. I am very safety conscience and did lots of research before lifting the truck. I have not found any true fact negativities on keys and spacers and I even tow a boat with this setup.

Here's where I got everything:

Ready Lift- http://www.readylift.com/c-39-chevy...-1500-2000-2006-classic-2wd-4wd-6-lug-25.aspx

Suspension Spacers (The Tahoe Ones will work for a Suburban)- http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/chevy-tahoe-4x4-coil-spring-spacers-rear-2001-2006

This is how tall I sit with the lift and tires (I am however a Z71, but shouldn't be much of a difference)

46c6114e.gif

Me vs Stock LS 4wd Tahoe
6ded2eab.gif

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Here's a pic of a Suburban with Keys and Spacers vs a stock Z71 Silverado

liftpics011.jpg

Last edited:

cdhayes2

Reaction score
I have ready-lift keys cranked up and 1.5" Suspension maxx spacers. Lifted the truck up 3" and enough clearance to run 295/70r17 (33x10.50r17) Since Burbans can be ass heavy, I would go with 2" Spacers.

I have yet to run into any suspension problems and was able to align my truck perfectly. I am very safety conscience and did lots of research before lifting the truck. I have not found any true fact negativities on keys and spacers and I even tow a boat with this setup.

Here's where I got everything:

Ready Lift- http://www.readylift.com/c-39-chevy...-1500-2000-2006-classic-2wd-4wd-6-lug-25.aspx

Suspension Spacers (The Tahoe Ones will work for a Suburban)- http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/chevy-tahoe-4x4-coil-spring-spacers-rear-2001-2006

This is how tall I sit with the lift and tires (I am however a Z71, but shouldn't be much of a difference)

46c6114e.gif

Me vs Stock LS 4wd Tahoe
6ded2eab.gif

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Here's a pic of a Suburban with Keys and Spacers vs a stock Z71 Silverado

liftpics011.jpg

Thank you for posting this. This is exactly what I want to do with my Denali. You sealed it in my mind. Thanks!