camshaft position sensor where is it 07 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it located, has anybody changed this on their Tahoe, I don't feel like paying the mechanic 280 for something that only takes 10 minutes to install. Also does anybody know where i can purchase it besides pepboys and autozone which are selling it for $120. Either online, or somewhere in Los Angeles, California Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At some point in time, this might happen to you. And you will feel happy to find the answer to your question. Over 2000 people have looked at tuckin 28's thread, hey even I did. But normal joes who can't afford to buy 28's and want to have a decent running tahoe, and don't feel like paying a mechanic $280 for a 10 minute job. Hey, I'll even do a tech on it with pictures, so those that have the same issue which is engine light on trouble code 340, and 341 camshaft position sensor gone bad. Help a brother out, Does anybody know the answer to my question that can help out, or at least point me in a direction where i can find this info by myself. Thanks.

Last edited:

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
A dealership should be able to show you a diagram of where the part mounts... even if you don't purchase the part or pay them to do the work. Do the auto parts stores include installation instructions with their replacements?

nv6425

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also see if you can find a Chilton's manual (or someone on the forum who has one).

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealership should be able to show you a diagram of where the part mounts... even if you don't purchase the part or pay them to do the work. Do the auto parts stores include installation instructions with their replacements?
I'll try to go to the dealer this week, i'll keep posted if they actually do that. Now as far as the auto parts store, no they just include a warranty if one comes with it.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

I would also see if you can find a Chilton's manual (or someone on the forum who has one).
Never thought of that, i'll post it up as a thread, maybe somebody does have a chilton on it. thanks.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under your Intake manifold, behind it, next to oil sensor,Top of engine block..

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey Jr, I read his thread, but did not say anything becase I have no clue how to fix it.
I can tell yout that you WILL need a Crank Relearn done after replacing it to get your check engine light off, look for a Napa Auto Care Center to that for you.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jr, I read his thread, but did not say anything becase I have no clue how to fix it.
I can tell yout that you WILL need a Crank Relearn done after replacing it to get your check engine light off, look for a Napa Auto Care Center to that for you.
What up mod, you know i was looking in youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKYjpa84m6Y, here is another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_uAnQFjTI4&feature=related and I found a bunch of videos on it. In one of the videos it actually says that there is no relearning, it's just disconnect and reconnect with the new one. All it is, it's just a sensor, here, this is what it looks like
main.JPG

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh