Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a question I should have asked before I bought the cam I got a btr stage 4 cam man I feel stupid but is it alright to put this cam into my engine that has 238000 miles on it I mean this engine run great the cam is a choppy idle I have new valve springs that match the cam and should I do lifters Too

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got a question I should have asked before I bought the cam I got a btr stage 4 cam man I feel stupid but is it alright to put this cam into my engine that has 238000 miles on it I mean this engine run great the cam is a choppy idle I have new valve springs that match the cam and should I do lifters Too
Not sure about lifters. Can't hurt. I think pushrods are recommended with the cam upgrade. Mine were done with my cam.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Had it to the track for some quarter mile passes?
Not yet. I'm not sure if I will tho. It's my gf's daily driver and we can't afford to break anything. I wonder if the sticky track would break something, because it's so sticky.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always launch from an idle so as not to put maximum strain on it, what you're after is the trap speed. That and a trip to the scales will give you your actual rear wheel horsepower.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifters and valve seals while your in there. U don't want one with that many miles collapsing on ya. Definitely do hardened pushrods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably should do lifters with that many miles, agreed, along with hardened pushrods and dual valve springs and quality vitron valve seals. Unfortunately you have to pull the heads to do lifters, otherwise you can do everything else without pulling them.

Casper 2004 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely do lifters. I did not change the lifters in my Firebird and one of them broke a roller a couple of years later, which also took out the cam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts