Cam wire and GMOS-04 Reverse Wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
have searched many, many threads involving backup cameras to no avail. Has anyone actually used the reverse wire that is supposedly provided from the metro GMOS-04 harness itself? Everyone seems to get the wire from the a-pillar or reverse lights themselves for some reason. Does this wire work (05 Yukon w/Bose, no factory Nav).

Also, how did you guys actually route the camera wires into the back of the truck? Is there an opening already or what. Planning on either a license plate cam or one that goes between the hatch and bumper where I see most of you put it. But haven’t seen how you got the wire into the truck from there. Thanks.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped into the reverse light power wire right at the back of the truck. I guess the drawback is that the camera will only come on when the truck is in reverse and some people want to be able to turn it on in drive. Also, drilled a hole in the driver's side rear right near the light, ran the wires inside the truck and then sealed it with silicon.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I tapped into the reverse light power wire right at the back of the truck. I guess the drawback is that the camera will only come on when the truck is in reverse and some people want to be able to turn it on in drive. Also, drilled a hole in the driver's side rear right near the light, ran the wires inside the truck and then sealed it with silicon.
Could you snap a quick picture of the wire entry point ?

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
To answer my own question- - yes. The GMOS4 has the reverse wire in the harness. Still don't understand why everybody on here tapped into reverse lights or the green wire in the pillar when its in the harness but whatever. The cam i installed had a RCA cable with a red lead attached to it. Reverse wire from the GMOS4 only goes to the head unit to switch to the cam when in reverse, the red lead gets attached to power so it is on when the radio is on and can be used anytime.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
also, the wire needed for auto dim feature on the headunit is NOT included in the GM harness, so the GMOS-04 isn't conncted to anything. Tapped into the brown/ white wire from the a/c unit below the radio, works perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos